Retro/old SPD shoes?

Until today my main shoes have been my 1995 Shimano M090s... 12 years of getting thoroughly soaked in rain and mud off road, and several years commuting use too. I've often wondered why the superb Z fastening system hasn't been more widely used; it's very secure, extremely quick to fasten or unfasten and is very comfortable.

Today I've switched to a pair of shoes purchased for 13 quid at Lidl the other week... I'm not expecting 12 years out of them, but they seem great for that kind of money; a new pair of cleats for them were very nearly the same price as the shoes!

1991 Shimano M030.........admittedly I never used them that much at the time, got a pair of Dominators not that long after. I've recently dragged them out again and pressed them to service as Nipping-to-the-Chippy shoes!!

Cheers,
Dav

I used Nike Ngubas for years but grew out of them before 1998...

If anyone has some non-ruined Poobahs or Ngubas in a uk9 / 9.5 they want to sell - let me know!

I still have my Specialized Ground Control Team shoes somewhere.... I think they're from around 1994. All black with a red "S" on a flap that covers the laces.

Need to go find them, they would go great with my red S-works M2 Team :cool:

still got a lovely pair i bought about 7 years ago there still in mint condition as i just couldn't get on with spuds at all ie i fell down :oops: and then fell down again and again and you get my drift ;)

I am amazed, I am two seasons tops for any shoe before the just fall apart!!

Sidi Dominator, M200, Diadora, Lake etc no real difference :?

Back