chain for 8 speed campa

Good point dookie...

for some reason I'm forgetting that some people (actually, most of them) use Campag hubs with Campag gears !!

I have a bad habit of cobbling together bits from all over the place !! :shock:

It probably does not apply to anyone.

I heard SRAM had a chain recall:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/shoppin ... ecall.html

"About 24,000 Sram 10-Speed bicycle chains with PowerLock connector links are being recalled by Sram, a Chicago bicycle parts maker, because the connectors are brittle and can crack, allowing the chain to separate from the bicycle and causing the rider to fall.

Four incidents have been reported, including one in the United States, the Consumer Product Safety Commission said. No injuries have been reported, the agency said.

The items were manufactured in Portugal and sold at specialty bicycle stores nationwide. PowerLock connector links were sold separately for about $5 or as part of 10-speed chains for between $35 and $85."

Doesn't sound like a big threat but for those who are cautious!

1988_Ben":1t94378a said:
I use the same SRAM PC971 chains on all my 9spd bikes and my old 8spd Record gearset bike.

I've seen many Shimano and Campag chains fail, and have never seen an SRAM fail when the 'magic-link' has been used to attach the ends.

Which would be why SRAM just made a voluntary recall on their magic links then....

Wippermann Connex 808 are really good with nice shiny plating, alternatively try the cheaper Connex 800 with the dull finish (but still hard-wearing and equally good shifting). The connector on the 800 isn't up to much, though - discard and replace it with the proper Connex removable link as used on the 808.

David

Back