1991 Alpinstars Cro-Mega DX

coomber":3ale0th5 said:
Nice!

Got one myself last week for 99p (but without wheels) on eBay as well. Mine has one thumbie though, does anyone know if it originally came with thumbies or sti shifters?

yeah i saw that 1 as well, thats the beauty of pick up only if its on ur front doorstep, i thought £69.50 was a bargain, u get alot bike for ur money with these Alpinestars don't u think?

wud love a Ti-Mega though, they look super cool :cool:

thesneaker":81f99lv6 said:
coomber":81f99lv6 said:
Nice!

Got one myself last week for 99p (but without wheels) on eBay as well. Mine has one thumbie though, does anyone know if it originally came with thumbies or sti shifters?

yeah i saw that 1 as well, thats the beauty of pick up only if its on ur front doorstep, i thought £69.50 was a bargain, u get alot bike for ur money with these Alpinestars don't u think?

Yeah it is the luck of pick up only - I think a lot of us have looked at how cheap some bikes have gone for with pick up only and wished they were more local! It seems in ok nick too, going to give it a clean and polish this week see how it turns out. The seller was pretty cool though, said he'd rather sell it for 99p to someone who was going to restore it and use it then sell it for more for someone who doesn't really care about it. Fair point!

Will post up some pictures soon!

coomber":31levw78 said:
thesneaker":31levw78 said:
coomber":31levw78 said:
Nice!

Yeah it is the luck of pick up only - I think a lot of us have looked at how cheap some bikes have gone for with pick up only and wished they were more local! It seems in ok nick too, going to give it a clean and polish this week see how it turns out. The seller was pretty cool though, said he'd rather sell it for 99p to someone who was going to restore it and use it then sell it for more for someone who doesn't really care about it. Fair point!

Will post up some pictures soon!

Did you ask for 1p change though? :LOL:

As others have said, that's a great score fella, nice one!

Is that the original easton alpinestars stem by the way? If so it's probably best to switch it as they had a bit of a rep of cracking at the welds if I recall, including the one I had :shock:

mynchiboy":3sr2cu4g said:
As others have said, that's a great score fella, nice one!

Is that the original easton alpinestars stem by the way? If so it's probably best to switch it as they had a bit of a rep of cracking at the welds if I recall, including the one I had :shock:

yeah its all original, but i want to keep it that way, i've been toying with the idea of putting it through its paces on the south downs but now u mention about the stems, maybe i won't :LOL:

Back