Ok, dont laugh....

I feel kinda guilty in that more than a few groups of people have asked me to race in their teams with them & I've turned them down. I've offered to do say 7laps in the day back to back. then thats it. chill, propper nights sleep. hey even get pi$$ed! but thats not really what 24hr racing is about (apparently!) I nite ride during the winter as theres no other option! dont really enjoy night riding & the taking it in turns3hrs off, 1 hr on the bike thing really doesnt appeal.
... after having spectated the last 2yrs the minging conditions & having to push/ carry your bike really dont appeal ether..

so yeh petty reasons, but I've said my piece ;)

so I guess from that youre up for it Scant? :?

Could be up for it, but may be tricky as have a 12hr at the Bristol Bikefest the week before.
Will check how many browny points I have. New arrival to the family see! :D

'cough' Where is it again?

Sorry I didn't post back - haven't been able to get into the site all day.

Can ride a bike (just!), and could keep it retro with the fully-rigid Bonty or the Ibis Hakkalugi, or semi-retro with the Merlin XLM.

I've got a tent or a Bivi, sleeping bag etc, and a set of lights (though not necessarily 24-hour racing ones). I'm in Edinburgh but can come down, no car but that shouldn't be a problem.

Even better, I've got the 23rd off work already - was going to York for the CTC Rally, but SSMM sounds better!

this is the first time I've had access this arvo as well. dunno how well I'm doin in brownie points either. bike hols with my mates to moab sometime later this yr :)

24hrs ?

I was quite enthusiastic, although with reservations broadly similar Scants, what's really put me off the cost of the event, sad I know, but I think I'd rather channel my funds towards a repsray or something.

Might show well shown for the retro meet , and then go ride some nearby bridleways.

So, is there enough support for this to pull a team together? Oh, and how much does it cost?

I think it costs £190 per team or £65 solo.

Eastnor is only about 10 miles from where I live so if anyone doesn't fancy entering the event but is going to be in the area and wants to ride .....

(note: my wife forbade me riding this year after last years solo effort)

Ed

Back