Cannondale Cyclocross Ultra (modern)

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hmm, well debating whether this should go in here or the road section. Probably seeing as it's 700c wheeled it should be there, but it's quite modern and it goes off road more than on so here it is...

Mrs Wu's Cannondale Cyclocross Ultra.

Recently been rebuilt with a mixture of M952 XTR and 105 and 10spd Sram. (works rather well) and some nice light Ksyrium Elites.

1 inch lockable headshock is a nice touch. makes it very ridable off road.

:D

Attachments

• Cannondale2.jpg
    Cannondale2.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 10,031
  • Cannondale3.jpg
    Cannondale3.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 10,030
  • Cannondale1.jpg
    Cannondale1.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 10,031
Rumble":1deen35x said:
That's nice - out of interest what does one of those weigh? Does the headshock add much?

You won't believe this, but I haven't weighed it!

Not super light to be honest, but I think that's things like the extra brake levers and not so light bar/ stem/ (now) post...

A light component build would help obviously, and a rigid fork. But...the 25mm headshock is perfect for this ride. It's so subtle and lockable too. :)

I always wanted one of these... although only ever seen 1 in the flesh over here.
Very nice!

I'm really loving cycle cross bikes at the minute although I like the new disc brake versions, I missed out on a nice Salsa La Cruz disc specific cx bike a couple of months back, gutted. What size is the Cannondale, looks lovely.

Trevor.

Thorpie":ngw922ue said:
I'm really loving cycle cross bikes at the minute although I like the new disc brake versions, I missed out on a nice Salsa La Cruz disc specific cx bike a couple of months back, gutted. What size is the Cannondale, looks lovely.

Trevor.

I love cross bikes.

It's a 52cm.

But it seems like a big 52 if that makes sense.

:?

Back