1991 Alpinstars Cro-Mega DX

thesneaker

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Klein Fan
Feedback
View
Picked this up the other day, always wanted from from BITD, its a 17.5 frame, and apart from me changing the front quick release because it was bent, it is 100% original even down to the air in the tyres ;)

Its by no mean a minter, has scratches and chips, but no rust, rides great!

Attachments

• JAlpinestars3.jpg
    JAlpinestars3.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 1,499
  • JAlpinestars2.jpg
    JAlpinestars2.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 1,499
  • JAlpinestars1.jpg
    JAlpinestars1.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 1,499
that is seriously clean. was it on ebay? i think i spotted it but had no idea it was that lovely!

lewis1641":3kacgzk3 said:
that is seriously clean. was it on ebay? i think i spotted it but had no idea it was that lovely!

big confession, i only knew about it on Ebay about 1 hour before it ended because it was posted on this forum by you i think?

It is missing 1 side of the pedal, are they universal or just on Alpinestars does anyone know?

thesneaker":3vdctikb said:
It is missing 1 side of the pedal, are they universal or just on Alpinestars does anyone know?
The pedals were made by Wellego, so you might be lucky and find one.

sinnett177":2ioo8yq8 said:
thesneaker":2ioo8yq8 said:
The pedals were made by Wellego, so you might be lucky and find one.

ok cheers, will have a hunt!

Great looking bike. My brother had a fluo-pink and white 91 Cro-Mega LX BITD and I always wanted one of these beauties. Much more subtle...
for an e-stay.

there surely are few on here for whom memories dont come flooding back when they see this......great bike and a true design classic......enjoy!!

Nice!

Got one myself last week for 99p (but without wheels) on eBay as well. Mine has one thumbie though, does anyone know if it originally came with thumbies or sti shifters?

coomber":zmwnjzj8 said:
Nice!

Got one myself last week for 99p (but without wheels) on eBay as well. Mine has one thumbie though, does anyone know if it originally came with thumbies or sti shifters?

Was gutted I missed the end of that auction! Bargain of the year that was :shock:

Back