DB Axis 1992

altamo

Retro Newbie
A project awaiting to start have owned this since new still have the original bull horn bars just need a few bits more and will be finished in one go. Well thats the idea will have to wait and see.

Attachments

• DSCF0926.JPG
    DSCF0926.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 2,661
  • DSCF0927.JPG
    DSCF0927.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 2,661
  • DSCF0928.JPG
    DSCF0928.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 2,661
Have to admit I also have a soft spot for old Diamondbacks

Never seen one in that colour though

Don't think it's 92. 92s were black splattery paint job, and a lime green splattery paint job for the Axis team (or whatever it was called).

Plus I think the cables were routed on the downtube for 92 Diamondbacks.

It looks like a '92 to me - same decals as my Response had - and even the same frame size.

Mine was yellow, but the optional colour was grey with pink and white splatter so yours possibly came in 2 colour options aswell.

I'd live to get my hands on a catalogue from back then if anyone has one or a scan, as I've no photos of my old ride.

very nice.

Going from info in another thread, I'm reckoning this is from 93 - there's another Diamondback (and Apex) that's from 93, that seems to have similar decals, plus has the cable routing in the same place.

Neil":2bpke7u7 said:
Don't think it's 92. 92s were black splattery paint job, and a lime green splattery paint job for the Axis team (or whatever it was called).

Just picked up a '91 Ascent and that has a black sort of splattery paint job? :?

brocklanders023":22tzugc9 said:
Neil":22tzugc9 said:

Just picked up a '91 Ascent and that has a black sort of splattery paint job? :?

Yeah - 91/92, that would be an Ascent EX. 91 / 92 Ascent was Red / Orange (Neon Orange, according to the brochure), no splatters ;-) though, unlike the Apex.

Back