Marin 1990 Bear Valley Rebuild - FINISHED !!! PAGE 38 !!!

OK, its looking a bit sorry for itself now with no forks / bars etc … :(

I have striped the forks and found that Ti epoxy is a pain to remove but some elbow grease and lots of paint stripper took it back to metal :D The front doesn’t look to bad :

DSC04307.jpg

But the back is a different story :

DSC04310.jpg

DSC04309.jpg

Don’t you just love supporting your LBS ? :evil: :LOL:

The pics have been sent to Dave Yates, hopefully to be told they are fixable, time will tell … :?

WD :)

Amazin build, just read all 11 pages. Ive come from BMX (RadBMX) where im familiar with builds like this (done a few myself including a Sjyway TA and a Quadangle), but massive respect for the attanetion to detail on your Marin (I cant comprehend all the components coming from BMX that takes about 12 pieces to build a bike...lol)

I will be contacting your decal man I think...

Well the spare pair of forks I picked up have now been stripped and de-bossed :

DSC04388.jpg

They are all packed up now and ready to be sent to *** (Edited :( ) for the mods to the steerer :D

Hopefully I will have the ProFlex bits ready for powder by the time these are returned so I can send the full lot off in one go ...

WD :D

Wow I've just seen the pictures of the mocked up bike and it looks marvelous. It has got something I can't quite put my finger on, let's just call it attitude :cool: Hurry and finish the build because I'm curious to see it done!
Looking at the mock up I can't help but spot some similarities with my bike. They're both Bear Valleys in similar colours, both with flex stem and slicks! I'm sure your bike will be a lot more desirable to most people when it's done, but I hope mine will have just a little bit of that attitude of yours

Marin Bear valley 1992

Hi I was just browsing the net looking for any write ups and pics of 92 Marin Bear valleys and well there was pretty much only two threads I could find. I bought mine maybe ten year ago, I used to sell good quality mountain bikes and had to grab this one when it came up and to use it as my 'Pub bike' ive obviously sampled a lot of mid range mountain bikes in my time but despite its age this thing runs like a Swiss watch. Ive deliberately disguised it to make it look scruffy and put tape over all the Marin badges plus big mudguards and BMX handle bars ( dont want to crush my belly when full of beer) I use a 2003 Palisades trail for going rides on but my Bear Valley is an 100% dark horse and I love it :)

Here's a pic

Attachments

• Marins 001.jpg 198kb.jpg
    Marins 001.jpg 198kb.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 3,551
Back