Mr K's Day in the Peaks 26th September FINAL ARRANGEMENTS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickle,

Not sure on the route, but even so I'd go for a bigger sprocket - last time I single speeded in the dark peak it was on 30-17. I'd base your ratio more on being able to get up hills than worrying about spinning the flat....

Si F

LongboardSi":sf8gubol said:
Pickle,

Not sure on the route, but even so I'd go for a bigger sprocket - last time I single speeded in the dark peak it was on 30-17. I'd base your ratio more on being able to get up hills than worrying about spinning the flat....

Si F

+1

Fitness: Put on 5kg in 10 days

Have a nice tan though - currently doing 80 press-ups a day and swimming doggy paddle in 27C seawater

Back next week

I'm definitely planning on being there but due to various events over the next 2 weeks won't be on here a lot - if at all. However, I'll try to log on on the Friday evening just to make sure it hasn't been cancelled or something!

I'll have to ride the Scott again as I haven't really had time to prepare anything else. I had hoped to get the Dyna-Tech done but no chance!

I will have some stuff for sale with me, such as -

3 x Tange NOS Shockblade forks (2 still boxed)

2 x rigid steel forks 1"

Lots of NOS Shimano cantilevers (£5 a pair ie one end of bike)

Lots of period Trackmitts (Lycra and String back) £3.00 pair

plus assorted other items (stems, levers, hubs etc.)

I've no idea how much the forks etc. should be so if you're interested please let me and we can 'arrange' something. Cash on day preferred!

Shockblades: about 50p and a bag of seedless grapes

Legrandefromage - 80 press-ups = being able to:

1. open a yogurt without tearing the lid

2. dress/ undress unaided

3. pump ONE tire up on a bicycle

4. lift FULL pint glass, again unaided

Due to a sporting injury gained whilst entertaining at the Old Worlds, my Peaks leadership may be in jeopardy... :roll:

Mr K on the couch

Attachments

• Oversized knee.jpg
    Oversized knee.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 792
  • this which gives me.jpg
    this which gives me.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 792
  • This led to....jpg
    This led to....jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 792
Status