East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

Iv'e been riding a small 20mins ( 18 is my quickest ) lap , about 5 miles or so . its good , i like it , starts with a bit of uphill then its all down :D

Got my new ( old :LOL: ) flight today , haven't ridden it yet but it'l be much nicer than the one i put on to replace the slr i took off through fear of snapping another .

I'm still not sure i like the splatter , I'm thinking a nice gloss powder . any news on finding someone to change your dropouts Ed ?

yes got it all tee'd up (courtesy 'Stew'), but can't find singlespeed drop outs with 61 deg angle at a reasonable price :?

Hmm , how about finding an old bmx race frame ( for the 10mm slot ) and trimming to suit with a grinder ?

A skilled hand could take a 14mm and weld the slot smaller , this is done to quite a few old early 90s bmx frames that got cut to 14mm in the late 90s . Most are 6mm or 1/4 thick , but i guess it could be sanded thinner with some effort and the right equipment . If you wanted to do this you could have a crappy frame i have to liberate the dropouts

id like to have it done to the kona

orange71":135ymrei said:
not by me - it's our lad's birthday :D

Matt - how was the presentation? :shock:

Thanks, It went really well. Knackered now though!

Still own a bloody Kona Sutra :cry:

perry":1moo91kh said:
Hmm , how about finding an old bmx race frame ( for the 10mm slot ) and trimming to suit with a grinder ?

A skilled hand could take a 14mm and weld the slot smaller , this is done to quite a few old early 90s bmx frames that got cut to 14mm in the late 90s . Most are 6mm or 1/4 thick , but i guess it could be sanded thinner with some effort and the right equipment . If you wanted to do this you could have a crappy frame i have to liberate the dropouts

id like to have it done to the kona

It's a good idea - but my frame doesn't exactly have slots - this is what the dropout looks like (although it's not actually this frame it's very similar). So how would that work?

spa0474i.jpg

I think the surly ones would suit chain/seat stays that dont have slots for a plate dropout . Theres nothing stopping your cutting some in though .

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SURLY-track-frame ... 286.c0.m14

If you had to you could take some basic measurements and get someone handy with autocad to draw some up and have a machinist make some . I wouldnt expect it to be very expensive .

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back