ebay postage rip off

I charge for postage cost (estimation...usually i get it wrong, one way or another) And if i require any special materials to send an item in i include a cover charge for that. the postage fee on ebay is for postage and packaging, and you can rightfully charge for costs incured to do this.

If the fee is stated and you buy the object you are also agreeing to the p&p fee.

I do ebay at work and I think people need it explaining sometimes so we put this in our me page

Please note that postage and packing prices are exacly that,

P&P means paying for someone to print packing-slips, paying for a suitable size envelope, packaging your item up with your packing slip and a complement slip, securing the package with parcel tape to ensure it reaches you unopened and then queing at the nearest post office .

All this takes time and money and that is where your money goes

but we never try to rip people off.

JeRkY":1erv6mc3 said:
if the postage cost is stated on the auction, i see no room for arguments, just take account of it when setting your bid limit.

Didn't check the auction carefully enough, the postage was indeed listed.Put in a super low bid which won because of the extortianate p&p.

Realise it for post and packing - however think £10 for an item which will cost under £1 to post takes the p*ss.

easy done John..
also, how does the new feedback survey help now? There is a ranking for postage costs...when does this become visible?

i got stung on p[ostage but i was the seller, the post office said it would be fine to send a bike but when it actually came down to it i had to go to a courier cause they couldn't handle the package, So i had to fork out an extra 12 on top of the £15 i put for posting it :x

the post office sucks :x

one more for good measure :x :evil:

Latest posts

Back