Any drum and bass fans here?

Was a big Moving Shadow fan - collected most of the first 100 or so 12" releases... still got the mug from visiting their shop in Fulham.

Also a fan of the Looking Good stuff (LTJ and co) but wasn't into the freestyle MC'ing which took them over. One of my favourite gigs was LTJ at a Southport Weekender - year escapes me.

The Ray Keith 'Dub Dread' Vol 3 CD was playing as we hit Amsterdam last week - not too much love from the rest of the boys in the car mind... ;-)

Mr K

Was a big Moving Shadow fan - collected most of the first 100 or so 12" releases... still got the mug from visiting their shop in Fulham.

Also a fan of the Looking Good stuff (LTJ and co) but wasn't into the freestyle MC'ing which took them over. One of my favourite gigs was LTJ at a Southport Weekender - year escapes me.

The Ray Keith 'Dub Dread' Vol 3 CD was playing as we hit Amsterdam last week - not too much love from the rest of the boys in the car mind... ;-)

Mr K

ooh now you're talking. no one mentioned the eezee rollers yet - saw them on the Barbican in Plymouth in 97 - Ace!

Loved the LTJ stuff, but more for chilling out. Loved Newforms from Reprezent when it came out, good brizzle boys who are still about whenever I am out clubbing (rarely!). Used to travel down to plymouth once a month for "Legends of the dark black" at the academy I think? All great nights out and worth getting home at 6AM on a bus for! :D

Favourite tune was a bit cheesy, but the remix of "no diggidy" by Blackstreet was mint!

Conrad was the only MC for me, actually added something rather than ruining the set.

Hype was the man for scratching and I do love a good scratch!

Right then, I lay myself open to plenty of critisism by giving you the link to the mix I did for my mate today.
I'll give me first excuse now and say that I haven't had my own decks for 2 years now (sold them when my flat flooded :( ) so rarely get a mix nowadays.
Anyhow, here it is..... http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XI34WNEA

There will be a 1990 - 1992 set being mixed soon too, if your still interested after this set :LOL:

those of you in striking distance of bristol

motion ramp park is hosting Dstyle's "run" on the 16th of oct, and the headline set is one mr roni size.....

10pm-6am, tickets are about 15 quid. i went to the last one, headlined by chase and status/sub focus, and it STOMPED.

mrkawasaki":2xd9awsj said:

Mr K

Got Moving Shadow and LTJ CD's in the car. Will have to blast them in Judiths car park at the Peaks! :cool:

drum and bass

i love it.I am also surprised nobody has mentioned aphrodite now he has done some wicked albums.aphrodite,aphrodite and aphrodite aftershock are two great albums.has any body seen that film human traffic???? if so the tune where the record shop dj says-iv got the tarzan and jane of jungle just swung in on the vine this morn' well that tune is on the aphrodite,aphrodite album.

Back