1997 EWR E-Motion

KeepItSteel":3puv2gfu said:
loving the single ring set-up. how are you finding the ratio's in real world use? do you use every gear?

Neil G":3puv2gfu said:
Like it. Definately rate the 1x9 setup

I've never had am 11-34 cassette, so I'll let you know how I like it. I've used 1x8 setups in the past many times, and the whole 1x* idea gets my full support. I always dump the big ring off a tripple crank in favor of a bash guard. Always. Big rings make little sense where I live, unless you have to ride on the road to get to the trailhead. The granny usually only gets use when I travel to the mountains, but I'm thinking the 34 in the back coupled with my 32 front ring will be granny enough for me. I'll be in the mountains this weekend so I'll let you know.

The blue EWR was originally a 1x8 when I first built it up.

Thanks for the good word everyone. I'll put up some dirt pictures next week! :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_1899small.JPG
    IMG_1899small.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 2,106
Did a little mild revising of the E-motion after returning from North Carolina a few weeks back, (although I still haven't cleaned the bike! :oops: ) Swapped the Deus bar for a Diabolus with a bit of a higher rise, which allowed me to move some spacers around on the headtube to maintain my desired bar height without having 40mm of spacers under the stem. The bike is now within millimeters of my large white OWB, (which is once again a rigid single speed) so I'd say the E-motion is a keeper! :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_4381small.JPG
    IMG_4381small.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,873
  • IMG_4367small.JPG
    IMG_4367small.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,873
meant to comment on the tyres.

I love the mountain king tyres...received them with a bike I bought, running a 2.4F and a 2.2 rear on a rigid- they're great!

:D

neilll":3tpx2ypj said:
bummer, I feel inadequate now.....three EWR headtubes in one avatar beats my one :cry: :cry: :cry:

What can I say? We Yanks flaunt our bikes like we flaunt our foreign policy. Gluttonously! :p :LOL:

neilll":flrz5p0u said:
bummer, I feel inadequate now.....three EWR headtubes in one avatar beats my one :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yup yup...and to be a complete ass about it, my 6 Chris King headset cups beats your 3! :LOL:

GoldenEraMTB":flrz5p0u said:
wait...was there a memo calling for all headtubes to be displayed in avatars

:p :LOL:

I was going to ask what that ugly grey metal was in your avatar... :p :LOL: Besides...don't you live on the east coast? Where's yer loyalty, man? :D

Latest posts

Back