The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Partially leaving the hobby.

Hi Everyone
Long time no see.

I have (gasp) fallen in love with a new mountain bike and my ever simplifying life won't let me keep 3 mountain bikes around when the garage only has room for 1 (and my roadie, and my wifes atb and roadie, and my kids atbs, well you get the picture)
To add to the trouble every time I ride my old ones I feel like they don't fit me well.

Anyways I haven't been keeping an eye on the market lately so I really don't know what I should ask for my two lovely old pretty much perfect mountain bikes. I of course have a pretty good idea what they cost me. But that is just a starting point.

So anyway I would love to hear your thoughts. Both are built my way which tends to favor the best performance rather than being strictly period correct.

The first one is my 18" 95-96 Nuke Proof Ti Racing Hardtail
If you can't tell whats on it shoot me a pm. The picture should link to a picasa gallery with more pics if not here is a link to the galery.
http://picasaweb.google.com/eglorrai/RetroBikes?feat=directlink
BTW the XS fat is not for sale. It's my daughters and she loves it.

DSC_0016.JPG

The second one is my medium fat chance buckshaver singlespeed. This bike was built up from all NOS parts about 4 years ago and has been ridden maybe a dozen times since then. It has only the most minor of wear on it and is an awesome ride.

DSC_0008.JPG

Pm me with any questions. I would possibly be willing to part them out if they don't sell complete. The fat especially I could see selling without the wheels if someone wanted it but didn't want to singlespeed.

Re: Partially leaving the hobby.

lucifer":3ix3xdkt said:
The first one is my 18" 95-96 Nuke Proof Ti Racing Hardtail
If you can't tell whats on it shoot me a pm. The picture should link to a picasa gallery with more pics if not here is a link to the galery.
http://picasaweb.google.com/eglorrai/RetroBikes?feat=directlink
BTW the XS fat is not for sale. It's my daughters and she loves it.

DSC_0016.JPG

The second one is my medium fat chance buckshaver singlespeed. This bike was built up from all NOS parts about 4 years ago and has been ridden maybe a dozen times since then. It has only the most minor of wear on it and is an awesome ride.

DSC_0008.JPG

Pm me with any questions. I would possibly be willing to part them out if they don't sell complete. The fat especially I could see selling without the wheels if someone wanted it but didn't want to singlespeed.

Hi, cool bikes :cool:

The buck shaver frame goes for $200 to $300, maybe slightly more if it's in great condition. I've rarely seen them go higher. With the parts in ss mode, perhaps $500. So definitely worth parting out.

The nuke proof ti is a bit tougher to price gauge. If an old Merlin frame from the same time period can draw as much as $900; a Fat Ti, around $1500 to as much as $2000 (one of them did about a year ago), and a wtb phoenix ti around the same. While a bontrager Ti lite frame has gone for around $400/$500.....

one could argue your Nuke proof complete should draw around $750 to $900 with the right buyer. The frame alone just slightly less.

I could be way off on the nuke proof :oops:

how much for my Specialized here?

looking for a price for the fuselage only, this would include

'00 Specialized S-works 16.5" frame
Steel Pace RC30 forks
FSA cartridge bearing headset
Ringle Zooka ahead stem
Bontrager crowbar riser bars
Thomson Elite seatpost
XT front mech

all in good condition, theres a few paint nicks on the frame, and some chain suck damage, purely cosmetic!

Attachments

• IMG_0412.JPG
    IMG_0412.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 3,469
Well, I need to decide wether to build an LTS or an STS, so one of these frames will be put on sale pretty soon. I'm 99,9% convinced to sell the LTS.
It's a 98 model frame, medium size, LTS 1000DS. It has a few marks (the old owner removed the stickers with a screwdriver or something like that), nothing that a good polishing can't repair. No accidents or whatsoever, as I've done just about 500kms on this bike. All bearings are ok, and it has NO disc brake bracket. It would come with an STX rc front mech, XT 760 rear mech (500kms), GT seatpost and azonic stem. Also, I'll throw in an AC chainguide (from my old LTS DH)
Any guess on the price??
3878460691_0bd69f23b1.jpg

3879249732_4b5f88614e.jpg

brand new in box 2003 Manitou Dorado SC

Carbon fiber inverted single crown, 130mm travel, 20mm axle, includes all 3 brake mounts and 2 extra springs, what is this worth?

To
chris5675,
Yorl
&
Orion

all three are worth £0, nothing, zip, nada, nothing.
They are all modern and this is a Retro site and you are in the 'RETRO' chat

Which generally means mid 90's and before.

Please stop posting modern stuff in here.

(this is of course my opinion , but also another reason this 'guess the price thread' has gone down hill)

Fluffy, I'd be more than happy to post it somewhere else, if there was a place... Also, it's an 11-12 year frame, and many people has it as a cult bike (hey, LTSs rules...) I can understand complaining about a brand new fork and all that, but an LTS? If you or an administrator create an "almostbytwoorthreeyears-retro bike" section, I'll happily delete my post and place it in there.
Oh, BTW, nadda is incorrect. You should write naDa, with just a D. :cool:

I still call the LTS modern ;)

(also you just happened by be in the middle of the real modern bikes so got lumped in ;))

nada corrected, now you're making me late for work :shock:

P.S. though if it's not retro then go ask on some other site for modern stuff.

Re: Partially leaving the hobby.

Hi, cool bikes :cool:

The buck shaver frame goes for $200 to $300, maybe slightly more if it's in great condition. I've rarely seen them go higher. With the parts in ss mode, perhaps $500. So definitely worth parting out.

The nuke proof ti is a bit tougher to price gauge. If an old Merlin frame from the same time period can draw as much as $900; a Fat Ti, around $1500 to as much as $2000 (one of them did about a year ago), and a wtb phoenix ti around the same. While a bontrager Ti lite frame has gone for around $400/$500.....

one could argue your Nuke proof complete should draw around $750 to $900 with the right buyer. The frame alone just slightly less.

I could be way off on the nuke proof :oops:

I think you may be underestimating the rarity and quality of the NP frame and the condition and parts spec on both bikes. I am of course biased as I built them and searched slavishly for the right parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back