If my bike was a car.

Lid

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
My Moots YBB-SL would of course be an Astin Martin DB-9. Its a performance machine that is as much about the aesthetic and craftsmanship as the intended use. Park it in the front room and just look at it. The objects potential far exceeds the pudgy over-aged owners ability as a rule. Thirty years from now you can easily sell it.

My Bontrager Race Lite is a Lotus Elise. Its a stripped down machine analyitically designed for a purpose. Race it, thrash it at the track, ride it home. The welding and stickers are utilitarian, its about function. The beauty is coincidental. Thirty years from now its a drinks holder.

Mine would be...

*Spesh Rockhopper comp - Citroen 2cv. Not particularly flash or fast, but goes on for years with minimal attention and you can endlessly bolt bits on to add function. And it's pretty comfortable to ride down to the station and back every day, but you wouldn't want to ride it too far.

*Merlin XLM - Porsche 911 GT3RS. Stripped out super lightweight evolution of a racer classic. Hasn't changed much over the years, but then again, it is bang up to date and fast fast fast.

*Cannondale Cyclocross Ulta - James Bond's Lotus Esprit. Looks like a normal racing bike to most and can cut it with most on the road and then transforms itself into a front suspended singletrack machine when needed. (not quite - but maybe the equivalent of going underwater for a car).

*Indy Fab Deluxe. - Bentley Arnage. Big and very fast but supremely comfortable and understated. Happy all day in the saddle.

*DeKerf Team SL - don't know yet as it's unbuilt. But at the moment it is reminding me of a Sunbeam Alpine.

Disclaimer - These choices may change often throughout the day...

...it would probably be a Toyata Prius, as it is very environment friendly :roll:

Btw remember reading an article on an Aston Martin factory visit already over 15yrs ago. The Virage was the car that was produced there at that time. I were impressed by for example seeing pics of a craftsman with a hammer making body parts out an aluminium sheet. Astons are nowadays sure more high tech, but that level of old world craftmanship is gone.

My Spooky metalhead would be a monster truck, geared for power but slow on the road with a 44 x 16 ratio, take it to a downhill hill course and it's there with you right on the edge

My onza is'nt built yet so i cant make any judgements as i havn't ridden it but it'll probly be along the lines of being one of those jap tech cars you see going about thats been finely tuned

am i allowed to say jap tech??

I'm with Slim on that one, although I have always wanted to restore a car :? Pointless really

;)

I suppose my Orange Clockwork would be an MG Midget - British, bottom-of-the-range when released but with a timeless quality and infinately tweakable.
(I have an MG Midget too btw :LOL: )

Not sure about the Vit T2, got to be something else British though. Too rare to be an E-Type, any suggestions?

Back