RC200 F8 Fork Length? and Tomac Attacks?

Kneedowndean

Retro Guru
Hi all, I am just in the process of buying a RC200 F8, and want some RC31's for it. But alas, nothing is simple anymore with forks coming in various lengths. So, RC31's come in 440mm and 420mm length, which is best for my bike? If I wanted to go front suspension, would any of the more modern, ie RC38 or RC39, forks be suitable? What length suspension forks where this frame designed for, 80mm travek forks?

Also, I have some Odi Tomac Attack grips on my Proflex, kind of mushroom effect grips which are perfect for Gripshifts cos the dont look messy when they are cut. Are there grips similar to this available nowadays?
Thanks all,
Steve

The Pace racing forks at the time were RC38 Airforce II (the carbon bridge RC38s came out in the final days of the RC200f:cool:. Max travel for RC38IIs is 63mm. IIRC the manual states that 80mm suspension is the max, anymore & handling is going to be absolute pants.

I've got 63mm and it is just perfect.

Ok, good I know what to look for now. Pace just emailed me back they recommend the 420mm version fo the RC31's. Anyone confirm this? Steve

Actually I was lying. There is no mention in the f8 chassis manual stating for what length forks the frame is compensated ... lots of info on seatposts and bottom brackets, but nowt on forks. (The original bit about RC38 Airforcve IIs is correct though... 63mm)

RC31 length

Def go for the shorties, Max 80mm travel if you go for suspension-best to keep to a retro fork too; current forks are all to suit modern leggy front frame designs, you might get away with an 80mm RC39 though :)

I think I'll stick with the rigid forks. May well regret the first time I go out on it though, its been years since I rode without suspension. Gotta get used to arm pump again!

Latest posts

Back