Anyone heard of a Hooger Booger?

DaveP

Retro Newbie
Hi, I work in a bike shop, and we've just had an interesting looking bike in for repair called a Hooger Booger. It looks like it's from around 1991-92ish judging by the groupset, it's full XT with the old type STI shifters (up and down shifters both thumb operated), the frame's in Reynolds 531 Magnum tubing and painted a lovely lilac and white.It's also got lots of purple anodized X-Lite bits. I've been riding MTB's for over 15 years and have never heard of them, so I just wondered if anyone on here knew anything about them. I'll post a picture when I remember to bring my camera to work.

Something to do with scott if I remember, they were always sold in scott MTb dealerships and were quite cheap ;) .
I think the XT version was £650 (ish)

IMAGE_036.jpg

I saw 1 near Ulswater in the lake district on friday. first 1 I've seen in like 15years!

when did they stop production?

here in switzerland there were many of them around. they built bicycles (bmx and maybe trial too) from 92/93 to 97 or so. came from austria? and got nice elevated c's and "dirt"-like bikes ;)
they were one of the first euopean snowboard-manufacs, and were bought by scott later.

ride on

I've just found a hooger booger just like the one pictured in our local cycle refurbishers, looks like full deore LX, reasonable condition for it's age, they are looking for around £35

i've got a 'patrol' trials bike from ~1990. origianlly purchased in germany. e-stay, tange mtb tubing, bash guard.

cost all of US$75 in the local CL. brand new CR20 rims on american classic (freewheel) hubs, xc-pro drivetrain (now subbed for SS), maggie hs-11 brakes, zoom stem/post. BB was shot and crank was cheap...still need these to be ridable.

booger.jpg

I like that dookie, should be great when it is finished.

I had heard of them but I wasn't sure if I just remembered the snow stuff as I was quite into that in the mid 90's.

Yes deffo heard of them Martin Woodcock in Barney used to have one - again in lilac if memory serves me correctly - was a nice frame.

I've got one of those that you refer to, DaveP!

I don't remember exactly when I got it (I was quite young), but I should imagine early-mid 90s.

I am in fact looking to part with it but not sure what to do with it. You can't seem to sell old bikes these days as new ones can be so cheap. But I hate to throw things away that could still serve some purpose. Admittedly it's in need of some TLC & the gears slip like mad (never knew about bike upkeep & so it's never had a new chain or sprockets!) To think I considered using this to cycle the LEJOG at one point....!

Anybody got any tips on a home for it? (Be nice though please! No mention of skips etc!)

Attachments

• DSC01275.JPG
    DSC01275.JPG
    188.4 KB · Views: 16,173
Back