Glentress 9am & Innerleithen 11am ! September 12th Is G

Got a nice 2 hour run out (was really nice down here) and the thighs were having flashbacks of glentroll :LOL:

Hoping to have a run out tomorrow if the wife is willing :roll:

Gazz, I only have Suntour rear cantis left. I still have those Avid Arch Rivals too- will pop them in a box with some other tat and try and foist them onto youse lot.

Gaz, remember our man Hendrix is riding a SS Clunker so he'll be holding everyone up but when has that been an issue to us retro folk :LOL:

The up is steep, geared riders often walk but the down will most definitely make up for it :D :cool:

Will rifle my junkpile for treasure to bring to inners.

velo

righty , thats the permission slip in and approved :LOL:

who can i meet up with around edinburgh area somewhere so i can follow them to inners ?

velo , are you sorted for a lift ? i can take you+bike down in the pick-up no problem ?

gaz , i'll bring you a plastic bottom bracket cable guide , got a couple lying around ;)

you the man!- cheers eck- indeed, should have know you'd be a top fella given your name ;)

looking forward to this, not been to a hardcore trail centre for a while, should be funtastic- will bring a wee flask again, mind you, I was the only one drinking at the 'trool :LOL: :D

Right I'm after

Canti levers
Cranks
Compact middle ring
68*122 bottom bracket.

if anyone wants anything specific let us know.

I should be sorted as regards transport, Scooter passed MOT, just need Road tax but I may still go for a lift with ZigZag, I'll keep you all posted.

Big Eck getting to Inners is easy, get on A720 Edinburgh Bypass going east, get off at Straiton junction and follow A701 south through penicuik until you reach Leadburn junction where you continue straight ahead onto A703 to Peebles. Upon reaching a roundabout by a petrol station in Peebles you turn left onto the A72 toward Innerleithen then when you reach inners you take the 2nd right singposted traquair and head along to cross the Tweed at a bridge with traffic lights and into the carpark on the left just past the bridge. Look it up on Google maps or whatever ;)

Kaiser, i believe your after 180mm cranks and I have a set of Sugino Mighty 900's that I'm sure you could polish up nicely. I'm after some Drop bars for my roadbike project.

Weather might be good according to forecasters so here's hoping :D

Big Eck pm either gazz or jimi your mobile number too.

Things i may have to trade include:

STX-RC V-brake levers
Sugino mighty 900 180mm Cranks
LX freehub 135mmOLN 32 hole
Steel 130mm AHead stem 1&1/8th"
Polished Alloy Disc Hubs front & rear(135mmOLN) 36 spoke large flange.
Double Fixed On-One Inbred 135mmOLN rear hub 32 hole.
Shifters various.
Canti levers various.
Odds and sods.

Trek 8500 frame with seatpost and a rigid fork and headset are available for not many pennies if anyone interested, 20" C-T, TT 22.5" C-C, 135mmOLN, 1" headset.

Big Eck, as you are prone to getting lost, might be an idea if I do accept that lift you offered, get back to me.

Velo

Back