1998 GT STS-DH Lobo Full Build

Been having a real good look at some of the Chain Devices available.

Need a BB mount type that can handle a 42T ring so have short listed a few

Go original and get a AC Chain Guide just found a store stocking NOS at $54.95 delivered to the UK £33.91!!

acguide.jpg

Goldtec Manacle £50 for the non sprung version at BETD

Goldtec.jpg

So what do you think. There is a ROOX on ebay at the moment but it looks a bit battered and the seller is asking £40 BIN

Just one question I hope somebody can help with. By fitting these to the BB what do you reckon about increasing the axle length to 118mm in order to keep the chainline.

I don't think there's any need to go to a 118. The guide is mounted behind the cup so the chainring will be in the same place (same chain line). The cranks will mount in the same position, only the guide will need minor adjustments as they all do (I think it's right anyhoo)....

Go for the AC btw.

Yep gone for the AC.

Cambria Bicycles in the States have them in stock.

Been hit by Customs a few times in the past couple of months, finger crossed that it will be straight through this time

I remember when we got one of these in the shop I used to work in – it was like a spacecraft had landed. Along with the thermoplastic LTS’ too

Yep, was my dream bike. I remember standing in my LBS just staring at it

Well I'm waiting on some parts and have been contacted by Cambria Bikes saying that the AC Guide was an error as they are out of stock and it shouldn't have been listed - Bugger :( :(

Alain I'm thinking I'll take you up on that offer can you send me some more pics if still available?

Here's my chainset put together with a brand new Holeshot :cool:

CIMG2455.jpg

CIMG2457.jpg

Gadro":2qcr1241 said:
Well I'm waiting on some parts and have been contacted by Cambria Bikes saying that the AC Guide was an error as they are out of stock and it shouldn't have been listed - Bugger :(
Yeah, me too. How badly do you want it though? £91 inc. shipping badly? Think I might try to find something a bit cheaper...

Those AC cranks and ring look the dog'd wotsits :D

Shame about the chain-guide though. If I see one I'll get in touch.

Bit of an update for you

Got an AC guide, finally. Sourced off the Bay and its NOS for £34

The BB been fitted. For those that want to know it's a 73mm shell with a spindle length of 122mm. Perfect fitting for those AC cranks. The chainset is on and I've got to say it is looking superb.

Whats left to do.

Need to lengthen the front brake hose and then properly route them. I've got some Hope hose guides as I've used them before and they give a really neat fit far better than zip ties. To fit the hose guides I'm going to have to drill out the existing frame guides to a 3mm diameter (nerves of steel needed :))

I'm changing the forks, not happy with the Junior T's. This bike simply needs red Boxxers, currently trying to track some down, if you know of any get in touch.

I will post some pics up in the morning just to keep some of you interested in the build

Gadro":8fwtpf0l said:
To fit the hose guides I'm going to have to drill out the existing frame guides to a 3mm diameter (nerves of steel needed :))

I did this on a Stinky frame. I drilled out some of the metal 1st then finished it with a round needle file. I was a bit nervous with the drill but the filing was easy :LOL: A perfect fit too.

Back