ProFlex 1996 856 Rebuild - ON HOLD !!!

Certainly looks to be the RK002. Where do you see the 5+6 kits?
Might get one myself; up till now I've managed to make or modify something to work.

tony gti-r":2at5st4p said:
I`m no expert but thats the ones I would choose!

Are you going fully original with this one?

Tony....

No chance, I cant help myself and will have to fettle a few bits on the way :LOL:

I think I will build it with modern ish stuff as it's cheaper to find than good retro stuff and a easier to get hold of :D

Its going to get built for the mud as its only my second ever mtb, the first being my Marin and thats now got an easy life, retired as a tarmac bike :D

Ally":2at5st4p said:
Certainly looks to be the RK002. Where do you see the 5+6 kits?

Might get one myself; up till now I've managed to make or modify something to work.

Same seller on ebay - went through the full list in his shop :D

WD :D

I see. Just missreading things. Looks like yours are the vector 2's in which case it would be the RK002 and RK005. The RK006 seems to be for the crosslinks. Can't see too well from the photo and my memory is hazy on the last time I stripped mine. Kit 2 +5 looks right though and kit 6 doesn't ring any bells with me, but I've been wrong before.

Looking at the kits I think it's :

2 = swing arm bushes and seals
5 = fork seals and shims
6 = fork bushes

What do you reckon ?

WD :D

Aye. Had a very quick look at the bushes on mine and looks right enough. Well spotted! Partly stripping forks at 5am so it wasn't a detailed inspection.
What's you plans for the rear brake?
Wouldn't say cantilevers were worth lookings at. Cable routing isn't too tidy and a fair bit of friction.
From a functional point of view, a v-brake is like its designed for the job.
I've always wondered whether to do something with the seat tube insert. Something to tidy up the fact there's a tube inserted through the middle of the seat-tube not doing anything.
Don't know if anyone's listed this link yet.
http://idriders.com/proflex/

Ally":iv4nynfp said:
Aye. Had a very quick look at the bushes on mine and looks right enough. Well spotted! Partly stripping forks at 5am so it wasn't a detailed inspection.
What's you plans for the rear brake?
Wouldn't say cantilevers were worth lookings at. Cable routing isn't too tidy and a fair bit of friction.
From a functional point of view, a v-brake is like its designed for the job.
I've always wondered whether to do something with the seat tube insert. Something to tidy up the fact there's a tube inserted through the middle of the seat-tube not doing anything.
Don't know if anyone's listed this link yet.
http://idriders.com/proflex/

Defo going v brake on it, already bought the levers ;) I am thinking of leaving the canti cable guide on though as it least it makes the pierced tube look like it's there for a reason. Might have a look for some black oval blanking plugs - they might look quite neat ?

Signed up on the proflex forum, already getting some good info from there :)

What stem have you got ?

WD :)

RockiMtn":cqfgn0py said:
oh no, now there will be TWO EPIC unfinished builds to follow! ;)

Now now, that's enough ... ! :oops: :LOL:

There have been a few to many distractions ...

A few little niggly finishing bits were bugging me to but they are now sorted / replaced :) Now I just need to get the forks done again which will be sent for powder with the proflex bits :)

WD Pro":3ezz5wig said:
RockiMtn":3ezz5wig said:
oh no, now there will be TWO EPIC unfinished builds to follow! ;)

Now now, that's enough ... ! :oops: :LOL:

There have been a few to many distractions ...

A few little niggly finishing bits were bugging me to but they are now sorted / replaced :) Now I just need to get the forks done again which will be sent for powder with the proflex bits :)

Excellent! Can't wait to see the final outcome. :cool:

Back