holdsworth

hurin76

Retrobike Rider

Attachments

• image.php.jpg
    image.php.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 3,016
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
chainset

has anyone got a suitable period chainset for a 1982 holdsworth? it is stated as an sr chainset in the spec sheet, but i will take anything as long as it is within the £10 range and in a reasonable condition..

also i need a reasonable wheelset ..

any offers??

Looks identical to the Claud Butler I use as a missioner/bash around town bike. Holdsworth marketed most of their bikes in Holdsworth and Claud Butler versions. Mine was put together cheaply from the frame. It's 531, pretty decent. I dare say it's my favourite bike despite not being anything special. I reckon the bike was worth £70.

yeah, i did a bit of research on it, it's an 82 holdsworth mistral. constructed by holdsworthy in the same place as the claud butlers, went all the way to london to collect it, was a little dissapointed when I arrived, paintwork is poor and the wheels were non original (replaced by rubbish semi modern rigida) the brooks was missing the tightening tension thread and the chainset was also non original and replaced with 2 diferent halfs of diferent chainsets. on the goodside it is equipped with suntour cyclone and has campagnolo drop outs so it has a bit of quality about it...

anyway went out yesterday replaced the chainset with a sr comparable to what might of been on there and bought a bolt with some nuts to retension the brooks. I just need a reasonable wheelset now. The spec sheet says campag hubs with super champion rims..so the search begins.. I did buy this as a project to sell so can't spend much more on it..if i keep on going i will have to keep it and i already have 3 too many bikes! I do need a quality steel racing frame though, was hoping to get something italian though..

sold it now...kind of regreting it..but i needed the cash, just not seen anything of equal quality since for the £160 i sold it for..

I had put a sr chainset to match the original and some sr race pedals as well as a suntour cyclone front mech on to complete the groupset. all i needed to complete it was an original pair of campag hubbed supper champion wheels which i acquired a week after i sold it..

the bike was going too far. i bought it to move on and i had spent too much time and effort bringing it back. I was very close to stripping it and taking it up to Vaz finishers to get it sprayed with new decals but it would of stood me in at £200 then total spend and I would never of wanted to sell it after that..so it got moved on..really do miss it now, it was a very comfortable tourer..oh well i hope another one pops up soon..really fancy a colnago or something of that type..

here are some pics, before it went.....and the paintwork is very poor, it is not reflected so much in the pics..

Attachments

• DSC02149.JPG
    DSC02149.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 2,934
  • DSC02151.JPG
    DSC02151.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 2,934
  • DSC02150.JPG
    DSC02150.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 2,934
  • DSC02152.JPG
    DSC02152.JPG