My 98 Raleigh Tomac signature MTi1000

Raleigh Titanium Tomac

I just pulled it and it looks very close to 30mm. Synchros lists a 30.9.

I'm a mural/sign painter and I traded for my original MT500 back in 92. Last year I traded a job for a Merckx titanium road bike for my son. I thought that I deserved a titanium bike, too, so I typed titanium into the search box and this came up.

just one more question...

did you see a shim in yours? I think that sometimes comanies add shims to titanium bikes to prevent seatpost seizing. or the previous owner might have added it to mine. i have a 29.8 in there right now but i think i could fit a 30.0 but if i took out the shim maybe it is a 30.9????? who knows. thanks soo much. i am just OCD like many on this forum and need to know the stock specs and delete anthing that is unnecessary!

Tomac Titanium Raleigh

Pardon me? I removed the seatpost and measured the post-approx 30mm-maybe it's the 29.8.

There is a shim, but in basement lighting and quick inspection I missed it.

Mr. Bikemeister didn't need really me to remove my seat again, since he already knew the answer! Did you work for Raleigh in 1992?

Now we should all step away from the computer and ride our bikes!

Attachments

• Tomac-Shim.gif
    Tomac-Shim.gif
    50.3 KB · Views: 2,704
updated my components list as it sits today. I will upload the photos soon of it new look. Still love this bike and grab it any chance i can.

DOC

Back