ONCE-Eroski Team bike

Retroboy

Devout Dirtbag
Feedback
View
My 2003 Giant TCR Composite ONCE Team.

Ok so probably a bit too modern to be on a forum for retro bikes but give it another 10 years....

Bought at the start of 2004 when I started to get back into cycling properly after being a bit of a casual cyclist for the past few years, only getting out now and again on the Dyna-Tech when I felt like it. (Long commute, demanding wife etc. :( ) It was also bought for a trip to the Alps to watch the Tour and after 14 years of riding a relatively heavy (compared to this) steel bike all I can say is Wow, what a difference!!!

It weighs nothing, the chain stays are so short the back of the seat tube has a concave section for tyre clearance and it accelerates and climbs like it's on steroids. :LOL: So far I've been to the Alps / Mont Ventoux on it 3 times and it's a real pleasure to ride.

Full carbon fibre frame & forks, Campagnolo Record 10s groupset, Campagnolo Neutron wheels. 14lbs.

IMG_2854.jpg

IMG_2855.jpg

IMG_2856.jpg

IMG_2857.jpg

Top of Mont Ventoux

IMG_0362.jpg

On the climb from La Lechere to the Col de la Madeleine. Imagine my disappointment when I found that it was nothing more than a comically named village designed to trick the English! :LOL:

IMG_1094.jpg

Nice bike. Get full carbon chainset, calipers, bars etc. and well under 14lbs!

Totally UCI illegal - you naughty boy! :twisted: ;)

Back