Kona Kahunna finishing touches

thrustyjust

Devout Dirtbag
Working out what tyres ti use.I 'think' I had IRC mythos 1.95's when I built it from new,but 'if' I can't get those,what tyres were around at the time of '97?
also handlebar grips.I think I had serfas grips then,but not available now,so unless someone knows of old stock,can anyone suggest an ulternative?
And,last but not least.I wanted to post a piccie of the bike,but the file is too large.How is it done?
Thanks

thrustyjust":1xaggbzt said:
I wanted to post a piccie of the bike,but the file is too large.How is it done?
Thanks

Change the image size under the Image menu in Photoshop. Either change the pixel count or the dpi to get the file size down to (depending on the resolution of the image) just under 1mb ish. Should look ok and load ok.

Or email me it at my address in my profile (provided it's a jpg) and I'll do it for you at work tomorrow morning. (Thurs).

Yes, pics would be grand. :D

For tyres i'd track down some 1.9 Conti Cross Country Kevlar and for grips there can be no other than Onza Porcipaws. :cool:

will try and get some piccies to Wu tonight.I did take one yesterday,so hang on.I have just dug out a piccie when I first built it and the tyres are conti's of some kind or another and I originally had Judy sl's on it with Englund cartridges and full XTR groupset.
I found that chain still do the IRC tyres,so got them to go with the crossmax wheels I managed to track down

Aaaah,just recognised the grips as Onza Ules if thats the correct way of spelling it,in clear.Wu has been mailed a piccie.

thrustyjust":zjw28vhi said:
Aaaah,just recognised the grips as Onza Ules if thats the correct way of spelling it,in clear.Wu has been mailed a piccie.

There are black Ules on eBay... :cool:

I've got two pairs of clear Porcipaws on the way... :cool: :cool:

supercycles have the ules for £3.99,although with the blue SiDs,my mate reckons it need more blue,so for now will stick with the Serfas Blues.
Is there a blue paint that is around to touch up the sids?I have the usual corrosion behind the brace and have sanded it down today (only the size of a 10p ) and have been primer building,ready to sand and touch up.

Back