Kocmo titanium 2001

stqeno

Retro Newbie
Here is my fullfilled dream about my own titanium frame. Got it as frame only, from the first owner 4years ago. The size nad design matched my preferences so i decided quickly. Frame was in superb state as you would expect from titanium. Hard usage was not really visible.
I changed many parts in past years.Frame was build for 80mm fork, now its fitted with 100mm fox, its little bit slacky but better for trail oriented riding.But still quick at races.
Marz marathon 04sl to fox
shimano Xt v brakes to avid
wheels to cmaxes
stx rc sfifters to m950 kombo
Truvativ handlebar to mrazek tribar

specs:

frame: Kocno ti mcm xc 16inch
fork: Fox F100X with terra logic
cranks: Race Face turbine LP + singnature XS BB
headset: CaneCreek S2-cheap+ clasic look
stem: Thomson X4
handlebar: Mrazek cr-mo TriBar
derailleur: M952
brake levers/shifters: M950
front mech: XT down pull
wheels: Mavic Crossmax XL
tyres: Bontrager Jones XR TNT
brakes: Avid SD7
seatpost: Shaman racing
saddle: Fizik Nisene

Attachments

• KocmoTi.jpg
    KocmoTi.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 2,356
Well, I really like that one. It has good proportions of a trail bike if you ask me ;) . I know saddle is a personal thing, but as a big fan of Fizik's, must say that this one looks too bulky here, an Aliante would be perfect and is also known as very comfortable.

AFAIR, Kocmo is a german brand, but who made frames for them or are the made by them?

Cheers
Lukasz

Well i know about that seat, everyone complain about it. Bulky and ugly they say :) But it really fits, i ride it for long and on every bike i have. Maybe i should search for replacement but thats not that easy for me.

Kocmo is German based company but what i know they work together with former Russian aerospace experts on the production. Still it dont matter for me if it works and form and function fits. I dont need to have merlin or moots brand on the frame to posing around. But what i would have rather than this is some Morati HC1.3 frame or titanium 29er. Maybe in future.

With the geometry it happened from alone, add higher fork to gain slacker head and seat tube angles this follow with little bit higher BB. Add some strong but flexy straight 2014T6 seatpost and comfort saddle. What i need to make now is replace the Thomson with something around +10 degrees. Maybe cane creek thudbuster post in the future for more comfort.

I didn't want to say that Kocmo is not cool enough ;), its just my curiosity if they are related with someone or not. I actually ride Fizik Nisenne (the old one, not the new one like yours) and Plateau, both are comfortable, but Plateau is my saddle of choice for all day riding. Anyway bike looks purpose made.

Back