Bob Jackson - New Groupset?

nemo":2cky9vlt said:
Oms":2cky9vlt said:
nemo":2cky9vlt said:
what a nice build, modern retro.

are you selling the all black aero brake levers you didn't use? I've got a similar build i've just started.

nemo

Thanks for the feedback!

I managed to return them for a refund thankfully... SJSC have been very patient with me during my build.

I didn't like the quality of the tektros... the shimanos weren't much more money, but a big step up in quality and feel IMO.

Have you started a thread for your new build? :D

have just started to collect parts, i'm going for a fixed build, possibly

will put up some pics of frame, need to look at getting some decals made

paint job looks good thinking of using Bob Jackson, how much was the respray?

I can't remember because I had a few bite removed and replaced too.... but £130 including decals won't be too far off.

Thanks for the comments everyone... much appreciated. :)

Went for a little ride to see the steam train... a white frame doesn't stay clean for long does it?!

PS Notice the Randonneur bars?

5776_118677924537_648904537_2405708_653275_n.jpg

Mike":3rhmu56f said:
Where did you get the black headset spacer from? That's just what I'm looking for.

Hiya,

It's a threadless 1" spacer, from Ralph Coleman Cycles in Taunton.

I think I paid about £1.

Does the job, but I'd prefer a chrome spacer..

Hiya,

So I've been offered a decent/light groupset for a "£" very good price.

I've had a look, and it's the sort of kit you'd find on a £2k road bike...

...such as gucci campag carbon levers!!!

I'm umming and arring as to whther to put that kit on the BJ, or build a totally new road bike from it.

What's putting me off is the weight of the steel frame - it seems such a waste to put all of this lightweight kit on a steel frame? She rides beautifully already, so how much benefit am I really going to get?

All opinions welcome!

Ta,

Oms.

One major advantage of Campagnolo over Shimano is in my opinion the way the shifters work. I'm used to STI's, but every now and then I make a mistake where I shift up when I want to go down or the other way around. To me the operation of Ergo Powers is much more natural, as you use different fingers and movements to shift up or down, instead of pushing one of two levers, that are very close together, in the same direction.
I'd say build a new bike though, as gathering all the parts in my experience tends to be very expensive. If you can get the groupset for cheap, it would be a very economical way of building a bike.

Ta for the reply.

I guess I'll go for a Wilier frame... carbon fork and seatstays.

Should be good!

:)

In the meantime, I'll keep the BJ as it is - it rides very nicely already.

Back