Lincolnshire Area Group

Andy B":1jr626gb said:
I think* I can do the Saturday the 22nd of August, can't do the 21st or 23rd.

*nothing springs to mind about that date, so I'm assuming I'm free ;)

Might be able to drag a mate out with his retro Stumpy too.

Are you not doing DrS's ride on August 22nd?

MJN":34s2s95e said:
Andy B":34s2s95e said:
I think* I can do the Saturday the 22nd of August, can't do the 21st or 23rd.

*nothing springs to mind about that date, so I'm assuming I'm free ;)

Might be able to drag a mate out with his retro Stumpy too.

Are you not doing DrS's ride on August 22nd?
Hadn't planned to, need to keep costs down at the mo (got an expensive month coming up Stag do & Wedding & folks Wedding anniversary), so a local ride is a go-er, but travelling further to rides is not gonna happen for a bit.

Thinking of a blast tuesday or wednesday early evening! Anyone about? and where to go? Nowt to major as i'm a wee bit out O shape!

Sadly i'm still out of action with my shoulder. Hurts like hell to pull back on the bars still

Did a nice 20 mile loop from Donington on Bain to Ranby - Hemmingby - fulletby top - Scamblesby - Asterby - home.

Once again the bit from Fulletby to Scamblesby had all been ploughed up!! Are farmers allowed to do that?

i'm not sure if they are allowed to but they all do it!

i have befriended a retrobiker in brigg. he contacted me after seeing my kona frame on ebay. he has just bought a retro marin and kona of some sort and is keen to get back in the saddle and get in shape.

is anyone doing any riding on sunday? i'm not sure when i am free yet but my shoulder is well on the mend and i fancy a bimble.

BE WARNED I AM VERY SLOW!!!

scunny to cleggy charity ride for help the heroes sunday bud,hopefully its still on if your up for it

Antiquekona":12d91xr7 said:
Did a nice 20 mile loop from Donington on Bain to Ranby - Hemmingby - fulletby top - Scamblesby - Asterby - home.

Once again the bit from Fulletby to Scamblesby had all been ploughed up!! Are farmers allowed to do that?

Yeah, sadly they're allowed to plough over cross field BW's, they have to reinstate the BW within so many days but they just scatter a load of bark chippings or the like over it. Not good, avoid like the plague. I remember riding the track you're on about in mid Winter, bloody nightmare! Riding until the wheels wouldn't turn through the frame anymore cos they were so caked in mud. Then it's push, carry and drag the bike (which by now must weigh about 50 pounds heavier) to the end of the track and then attack it with sticks to scrape as much mud as possible off it. :evil: Grrr.

Can't you turn SW at Wood Farm and take the old Roman road then hang a right to get back on track to Asterby Top Farm? Not the best of tracks but better than the main road or the mud fest.

http://streetmap.co.uk/idld.srf?x=52800 ... 76515&lm=0

OK, It's a little bit cheeky and it's better coming from the other direction but I've used it a fair bit over the years and never (touch wood) been challenged. :roll:

longun":32x6a2hp said:
scunny to cleggy charity ride for help the heroes sunday bud,hopefully its still on if your up for it

i now have the mother of all road trips to do sunday- got a million sets of alloys to collect.

is the ride on or off road? if on do you have slicks? if not you can borrow mine

hi all.yet another newbie here

hey up guys

iam the guy who lewis was talking about.iam also another outa shape ex mountain biker but readeing all theese posts and seing how much interest is still in theese classis bikes is makeing me want to get back into this sport bigtime.I will keep my eyes open for a date that we are all settled on then.i can make most days as i have just lost my job.

Back