1994 Specialized Stumpjumper

Gravy Monster":askowu4p said:
Beautiful, My fav colour Stumpy :cool:

I want I want I want I want :LOL:

Seconded.

How many times I've missed out on this particular year and colour is laughable.

Looks great. Personally my holy trinity is stem/ post/ wheels, so all three should colour match, so I'd stick black or CD rims on it. ;-)

Looks really good though.

If you ever sell it....

:LOL:

nice LOOOONG retro stem too for a good racy position on the bike,im not a fan of the current short bmx style stems.....

WOW! I had one of these back in '95! Picked it up from a bikeshop-owner, who had only used it 2 times, and that was a sweeeeeeet bike! Grey Umma gumma tires, and grey specialized grips and saddle. That green color is just fantastic. And I paid next to nothing for it. Only seen two of those here in Denmark (BITD).

Thanks Ulrich, I would love to get my hands on an original grey saddle and the umma gumma tyres, but they are too hard to come by these days, there is already a lot of folks on the site after these items too! I think I will end up with a flite or something retro and brown maybe?

By the way: The big M A V I C on the rims is certainly not original. But who cares...

Looks great. Personally my holy trinity is stem/ post/ wheels, so all three should colour match, so I'd stick black or CD rims on it.

Thanks guys. I appreciate it! The rims are a bit worn to be honest, so i'll probably replace them soon, not sure what with though.......

nice LOOOONG retro stem too for a good racy position on the bike

Ha ha, yes its a 150mm I think, pretty long and low at the front, but still good to ride!

Thanks Ulrich, I would love to get my hands on an original grey saddle and the umma gumma tyres, but they are too hard to come by these days, there is already a lot of folks on the site after these items too! I think I will end up with a flite or something retro and brown maybe?

Well, I wouldn't go too far looking for the Umma Gummas, unless you're really going for the original spec. As far as I recall, they were pretty awful, even back in '95...
I remember swapping mine for a set of Smoke/Dart's after only a few rides.

And the saddle... Bloody uncomfortable! I still remember it after 14 years! That said, this is a great bike, and since it is not entirely original, I would not hesitate to upgrade it with period correct parts (like you have already done with some very nice touches).

Again, great and beatiful bike! Would love to own one again. And I think my road bike will get a color like that green soon. :D

Back