Gear Shifters: XT
Rear Mech: XT
Brakes: Hayes Strokers 180/160 rotors
Hubs: Formula cartridge bearing hub
Rims: Alex FD16
Pedals: Shimano SPD
Saddle: Voodoo
Tyres: WTB 2.1

Weight: 12.34Kg/27.21lb (with pedals and rear crud catcher)

I love your Djab, but the fork is too long. The frame is optimized for 100 mm, 140 mm is too much.

Enjoy, cheers. :)

chiringuita":3icci9ok said:
the fork is too long. The frame is optimized for 100 mm, 140 mm is too much.

That was the older frame (07). The new (08/09) frame is optimisied for 130mm, however halfords spec it with a 140mm. I'm tempted to put adjustible forks on at some time in the future.

Thanks though. :)

Very nice

Never really see the deal with running such a long fork on what is essentiallly an XC bike

I like that! Always liked the D-jab as it has the removable v-brake studs so you can switch anytime.

Kind of agree about the fork but if it rides ok ?, i imagine if you hit something that'd use up 140mm of travel in the forks it'd kick the back end into the air :LOL:

Nice bike regardless :cool:

It is something that you have to try to understand totally (the long travel). It allows you to ride harder and hit bigger stuff than on a short travel bike.

I run a nice sag so when I'm on the bike the head angle isn't as slack as it is in the pictures.

:D

funny i have an almost identical photo of my 96 djab taken in the snow :D

Attachments

• DSC00202.JPG
    DSC00202.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 3,464
lumos2000":2tglsnnq said:
funny i have an almost identical photo of my 96 djab taken in the snow :D

Wow love the brown Charge spoon saddle, it looks really nice with the the ti colour.

I like the idea of the Magura HS33's, thats a really nice looking bike.

Very tempted to put my brown Charge spoon on my voodoo.......would mean taking it off the old school bike :?

:D

Back