my 98-00 Muddy Fox (freeride?) bike

Mine came with the brace off the 98's in your pic. And as you can see in the pic mine have metal adjuster the same as the 98 forks (but blue not red). And as I said they came with the 98 manual.

We received these forks at the shop direct from Windwave, they are not re-painted or missmatched parts. I bought them as being Limited Edition Yellow 98 Z1 BAM's.

stqeno":3j6j46z7 said:
Man i want my old z1 bam back.
Where you got those 3,0 gazzas?

I got it off ebay a couple of weeks ago. There is another on now but hands off because I need it ;) They seem to come along once every couple of weeks. No online shops I can find still stock them.

I'm having some clearance issues at the moment. Just waiting for a Magura Evo II brace to arrive so I can see if it fits. It says only up to 2.5 but looking at it i'm sure it will fit 3.0 tyres.

I've tried the tyre on the back and it does fit but only just, infact my wheel is slightly untrue so about 1/4 rubs slightly on one side near the chainstay. The seat stays have loads of clearance but problems setting up the magura's, i'm still messing with it.. :roll:

From the quick ride around the streets i've had with the 3.0 on the front I really like it. It does feel quite a bit different to my 2.45 Hutchinson tyres. I can imagine it will give you a greater sence of safety off road/ down hill but perhaps less control?

I ahve stubbled accross my frame (or near enough identical) whilst looking for something else. But made by Crafworks not Muddy Fox, maybe one bought the design from the other or did they all come out of the same crap hole in the far east.. :LOL:

A couple of extra gussets between the seat stay and seat tube..
crafty.jpg

Mine has a round hole cut in the back gusset between the seat stays and this has a slot..
brake.jpg

So what do you think's going on then?

Here's the 1999 Catalogue Z.1 dual 100mm
The '99 Z.1 bam came in orange and polished/orange
i30mm convertible back to 100mm

I keep meaning to upload this catalogue into the archive :oops:

I'll do it tomorrow :LOL:

Racedoctor have you found the second gazza? If so can you send me the link where to buy? I need only one tire, in the rear i think it can not fit in.

stqeno":2iuqb3hc said:
Racedoctor have you found the second gazza? If so can you send me the link where to buy? I need only one tire, in the rear i think it can not fit in.

Sorry for the late reply. I did get another one but I have not got round to fitting them both yet.

I've been quite busy with my bike lately. Since the first pictures I posted I now have old style fat Hope Big Un's front and rear in blue. Hope DH4 brakes front and rear, both with 205mm discs.

I just need to fine tune/ bleed the brakes a bit. They work but defo need some time spent getting them right. Just not had any time lately, always too dark when I get home from work :(

I'll post up some more pics once i've got it all sorted and fit the 3" tyres :twisted:

Back