The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harsh, but I guess not too far from the truth. What I really wanted to do is gauge if its even worth dusting the parts off. I tried to do this with out posting. It would be a shame to bin it all if someone could get some enjoyment out of them. Yeah, it would be nice to get a couple of quid to make it worthwhile me cleaning, packing and shipping but I don't expect them to make me wealthy.

eBay is the last resort. If its any consolation, I'll be doing the same on other forums with various other things, old mini stuff and magazines which I also expect to get very little for. I see it on the forums I frequent and I for one would rather see one mans junk saved from landfill if its another mans gold.

Apologies anyway, thanks.

Problem i see on this thread is
Chap joins retrobike
doesnt post anything other than how much is this bike worth?
Then either tries to sell it here or more likely ebay
Promptly disappears and is never seen on here again

Hmmmm

I dont over see the problem with this .... If it keeps the old stuff from the scrap yards I am all for it :D

Storm Warning":2bddup2x said:
Harsh, but I guess not too far from the truth. What I really wanted to do is gauge if its even worth dusting the parts off. I tried to do this with out posting. It would be a shame to bin it all if someone could get some enjoyment out of them. Yeah, it would be nice to get a couple of quid to make it worthwhile me cleaning, packing and shipping but I don't expect them to make me wealthy.

eBay is the last resort. If its any consolation, I'll be doing the same on other forums with various other things, old mini stuff and magazines which I also expect to get very little for. I see it on the forums I frequent and I for one would rather see one mans junk saved from landfill if its another mans gold.

Apologies anyway, thanks.

:shock: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Look ,sorry,i wasnt meaning you ,or anyone else really,it was just a general though as to the reasons why there seems to be less replies on this thread,it wasnt a personal thought
Sure lots have posted here first and stayed as some have not
but i didnt mean yourself and was not having a go :oops:
I should have added that at the time
-----------------------------
Here we go again-dyna's added foot to mouth. :roll: :LOL: :LOL:

ahh, I get ya :) its cool :cool:

I've recently got back into biking and have a new GT now, just wish it was as light as the old Discovery :shock: I'm moving soon and new to be a little more aggressive in clearing my garage, just so reluctant to scrap it.

Think I'll dismantle, clean up and photograph it all and post up here, at the last you get to see a good as new STX SE mech :LOL: then take it from there.

Re: Raleigh Discovery with Shimano STX

stormwarning, these are my thoughts

Shimano Deore LX front mech - Barely used£10
Shimano STX "Special Edition" Rear Mech - Barely used £10 to £15
Shimano STX brakes/shifters (STI) - Barely used bit a few scratches from storage £20
Shimano STX cranks and chain rings - 21speed HG cass and IG chain. - barely used £15 - 20
Shimano Deore hubs probably only a few quid unless built up
Shimano Bottom bracket (think its a narrow one?) I recall it being very expensive. £5 to 10 unless its a un71
Wheels are ridgas (SP?) may need a little buckle removing. £15 to £20 with the buckle

i also think you should try the frame too. someone might like it if its cheap.

welcome to the site. dave[/b]

Cannondale Killer-V (Polished)

Hi,

I have a Cannondale Killer-V dating from 1996. It has a polished frame and is in good overall condition with a mix of vintage and modern parts. At the moment, I really just want to know what the bike is worth for sale. If anybody wants to make an offer for it, I will consider selling. I've attached a single picture but put a full set on the web here:

http://www.24hourpartypeople.net/24hour ... ndale.html

I have some Panaracer Fire XC Pro tyres that I can swap onto the wheels. Some road parts have been put on to make it more suitable for commuting. At the moment it has slick tyres, a road cassette and rear mech. Here's the full specification:

Cannondale Killer-V frame (medium size, polished aluminium with black decals)
Cannondale P-bone fork (polished aluminium with black decals)
Front wheel:
Ringle Super Bubba hub (blue, bearings replaced a year ago)
Mavic X619 front rim (ceramic coating)
DT Swiss double-butted spokes
Rear wheel:
Middleburn hub (red, factory serviced a year ago)
Mavic X717 rear rim (ceramic coating)
DT Swiss spokes
Schwalbe Marathon 26x1.5 tyres
X-Lite anti-theft skewers
Easton CT2 carbon seatpost
Chris King headset (Pewter)
Selle Italia Flite SLR saddle
Use ATOM stem
Avid Speed Dial 5 brake levers
Avid Single Digit 7 brakes, front and rear
KMC X9 silver chain
Shimano XT M770 Rapidfire rear shifter (Only one year old)
Shimano LX Rapidfire front shifter
Shimano XTR cranks (5 arm/bolt) with brand new matching XTR bottom bracket
Grey Middleburn hardcoat/slickshift chainrings (Only one year old)
Deore LX front derailleur

Some idea of the second-hand value would be much appreciated! If somebody felt like giving price estimates on some of the individual parts, that might also be helpful. I'd consider breaking it up if it was worthwhile to do so. Don't want a load of unwanted parts sat around in my shed, though.

- Matt

Attachments

• IMG_0395.jpg
    IMG_0395.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 3,396
how much are my bits worth?!

i have some bits that i dont know the price of. i w ill get some pics up later. for now heres alst:
Avid AD-1.0L V Brake or canti lever (left hand)(just on1!)
RH Avid brake lever has adjuster on the lever blade (canti or v brake)
Exage ES top pull front mech 34.9
Black Diatech headset mounted cable stop
Deore DX bottom pull front mech (FD-M550)
3 sets of shimano cantis (two sets with deore xt pads)
Acera X front mech bottom pull 28.6
Shimano Biopace SG crankset (FC M200) (170, 28,38,4:cool: square taper
Crank arm (drive side) 5 bolt spider sr suntour just one side
Unknown brand 5 bolt chainring possibly 42t
Shimano FC M400 175 5 bolt spider one side only
Trans X bar ends
GT stem
DCD
few other bits
will post up pics asap
in the meantime give me a rough guess
cheers
josh

Unknown Marin

I have this Marin and I'm guessing that it is made in the year '94/'95. However, I am not sure of the model of this bike and I'm guessing that it could be a Muirwood. It comes with the original rigid fork, handlebar and stem all in which are blue in colour (similiar to the seatpost clamp). Any1 could help me determine what model exactly it is and what price would I be able to get for it? Thank you.

Attachments

• 11082009731.jpg
    11082009731.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 3,325
My flatmate just moved to NZ and gave me his runaround to sell. But i've no idea what it's worth. Any ideas?

img0208ce.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back