1994 Kona Lava Dome - Finished for now 07/10/09

yup, red is defo way forward on these bikes, i know mines not quite the original green, but it's grown on me. i've gone a bit red mental on recently, red bottle cage bolts on their way & a red seatclamp just arrived. think i'll leave it there with red for now, your wheels sound nice... wish mine were 217's :(

btw, it's difficult to find a nice seatclamp for these - 29.8mm, got one off chainreaction - i'm not sure about it yet tho... got a ridiculous name too - "spank tweet tweet" !!!

After stripping the rusty bb, and removing also the cheap plastic canti's, now added a few bits i have lying around, she is coming on a beauty, i think im going for Onza Ule grips in yellow, and also will be adding halson forks, to sort of replicate the bike i had when i was about 17.

now getting to completion, with only the rear mech and chain to add, its sort of turned into rasta colors, awaiting a Halson steerer tube to have more thread added, then i can install the halson forks, have discovered a bent left hand brake pivot on the project two's, thought is was the dodgy cheap acor brakes (yes i was the one who bought them)

Now finished, and i have winterised it a bit, but now am eyeing up a set of yellow maguras as poss replacement for the canti brakes

Attachments

• IMG_0048 [1024x768].JPG
    IMG_0048 [1024x768].JPG
    211 KB · Views: 5,410
Back