The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well people do read it but most will have no idea of the value other than to them. For instance you're Hope Hubbed wheels, I'll pay you £70 for them delivered.
If the Evo's had a long steerer, i'd pay you ~£50 delivered.

GT frame is worthless as it's too small

M950 we'll see what the groupset for sale goes

USE is spares or repairs so £7 possibly

SHIMANO 6500 ULTEGRA SPD CLIPLESS PEDALS

So how much are these worth then ? :

DSC04297.jpg

DSC04298.jpg

DSC04300.jpg

I believe them to be “SHIMANO 6500 ULTEGRA SPD CLIPLESS PEDALS” as per the following link : http://www.bikepro.com/products/pedals/shimroad.html

Cheers,

WD :D

BradEvoSprint":3gmwcvgy said:
Got 2 brand new unused 'white' onza porcupine tyres, just wondering what they might be worth as i'll probs never use them?

Migtht stick them on ebay or could do a deal as im terrible for collecting retro bikes :D

Cheers
Brad

about £15 each posted make the whie porc phase has past and the shill bidding german thing was exposed :cool:

FluffyChicken":1e3pyixx said:
Well people do read it but most will have no idea of the value other than to them. For instance you're Hope Hubbed wheels, I'll pay you £70 for them delivered.

Hmmm.... Well I've been offered £200 for the wheels. I paid £50 for the forks so that sounds about right.

As for the frame... I take it you mean that it's worthless to you, and not worthless full stop?

GT Psyclone (1999)

Hi

I have a GT Psyclone (1999) in team yellow I am considering selling. It is equipped with LX/XT kit, XT V-brakes, Kona Project 2 forks, Kore headset and azonic world force riser bars.

The bike is in great condition, save for a couple of small, light scratches and some minor cable rub. Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks

Psyclone a bit of a hard one as the components really don't do justice to the frame. I'd have to XTR everything on it.

I would personally strip it and sell everything separately. You probably going to make more that way anyway. The condition of the frame is going to be really important I've seen a lot of these bike being thrashed by kids after they've inherited them from Dad. I've also seen a few with bottom brackets from hell in them that just won't budge.

If the frame was a minter Team Scream I'd give you my left arm for it wink:

Photograph would be real helpful and I take it that it's 853 tubing but I'll stick my neck out and say a ball park of £150 - £300 for the frame, dependant on condition possibly a tad more. Price is also dependant on size, 18" are the best sellers as it appeals to a wider market.

One definite way to find out is list it on eBay with a high reserve and see how much the bids go up to. If you're happy with the price and want to sell it on the Bay you can just decrease your reserve so it sells. If it don't sell then at least it will give you some idea so you can come back here and list it in the 'For Sale' thread

Tulstar":1mwmbx4o said:
FluffyChicken":1mwmbx4o said:

Hmmm.... Well I've been offered £200 for the wheels. I paid £50 for the forks so that sounds about right.

As for the frame... I take it you mean that it's worthless to you, and not worthless full stop?

Yes you would probably get £200 for the wheels, I just wouldn't pay that much for them though. I would just want the hubs, hence the price.

Frame, of course worthless to me :) Not worthless to others.

But that's the problem with the how much is it worth , I've noticed and a few other have that the 'how much is it worth' is more an 'I have no idea how much it is, so if I post here somebody will PM me with an offer' thread.

Also people tend not to respond as they do not know what others will pay, only what they will pay and don't want to be wrong or look silly. I obviously do not mind :LOL:

P.S. I would probably start at £100 for the forks if they are in really good condition, see who bites, if nobody does after a while then drop the price or see what offers come in.

but if you really cannot estimate a price, then e-bay it and let the auction decide.

Raleigh Discovery with Shimano STX

Just trying to gauge if this lot is worth anything. I was thinking of dumping the frame and sell the components.

I rebuilt my Raleigh Discovery (reynolds 501) with nearly all new components in around 1994 then never used it. Unfortunately the frame is now a hideous colour of polonesian terquoise (was highly recommended at the time)

Shimano Deore LX front mech - Barely used
Shimano STX "Special Edition" Rear Mech - Barely used
Shimano STX brakes/shifters (STI) - Barely used bit a few scratches from storage
Shimano STX cranks and chain rings - 21speed HG cass and IG chain. - barely used
Shimano Deore hubs
Shimano Bottom bracket (think its a narrow one?) I recall it being very expensive.
Wheels are ridgas (SP?) may need a little buckle removing.

When I find them I'll have the instructions and possibly some of the original packaging.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Duncan

Problem i see on this thread is
Chap joins retrobike
doesnt post anything other than how much is this bike worth?
Then either tries to sell it here or more likely ebay
Promptly disappears and is never seen on here again

Hmmmm :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back