Any info on Marzocchi bomber Z2's ?

I've just blown the seals on mine (lime green ones too) not bad after 10 years!

Any tips/tricks for changing these?

On the verge of buying some Z1 MZs which have got slightly worn main bushings. I presume their replacement is a workshop job, but has anyone any idea of difficulty / cost / where I might get it done in Bristol or Merseyside areas?

Thanks,

Dr. Matt...

Bams

I've got some 98 Z2 BAMs with disk tabs off an Explosif.

Haven't been used for a couple of years mind.

I've run a Z2 '96 on my '96 Lavadome for little over a year and it was great.
Only problem is that (I've bought them sort of xx- hand) the stanchions are marked and they are leaking as hell.
Is there a way of getting replacement stanchions for them ,

Jan

I ran Z2's for about 8 yrs without a service,and even when i finally did service them they didnt really need it[find another fork of that quality that can say the same]
I've just sold the judy i had on for another pair of Z2's
now all of a sudden the front end works :LOL:

Servicing is easy relativity speaking,all parts are still easy to get ,from Marzocchi/CRC/windwave
Steerers are replaceable[but i think yours is pressed in,if its the auction i saw finish a couple of days ago :? ]

If youre stuck for a manual,ive got 3 :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

and i can do you the M Parts Pro heaset for a tenner,you just need a crown race ;)

Z2

bought a set of Z 3 Lights in silver for my Alpinestars ASR in 98 . the forks are still going strong after one service on a mates Haro .

I also got a set of Superflys when i built up my RL in 99 , i believe these at the time were considered not as good as SIDs , but i beg to differ . I paid £520 for mine , and it was the best money i ever spent , these forks are amazing . Light , mega reliable , plush (for 60 mm) and smart looking . They have been serviced twice in ten years and are still going strong !

When it was decided my RL could have a complete rebuild this year i got a set of NOS red Z2 Bams because i wanted to run discs , 75mm super plush well finished and mine !

Having a motorbike background Zoks where really the only chioce for me , as they make a lot of stuff for the bike industry . I have to say my chioces were the right ones !

Bloody hell.

Thanks for all the replies and info. I can't wait to get them fitted now, still think I'm going for a FSA headset though.

I received the forks today and they are in pretty good condition, I'm even more happier seeing as I only paid £32 for them.

They don't seem to be leaking or the stantion's are in great shape.

I just wished the bloody post office hadn't lost my Magura HS33 brakes I won on ebay!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thanks again for your info. I love the help you get on Retrobike.

Thanks

Adam

On my GTs Im running the following

98 z2
99 z3
99 junior T

Sod OEM judys that dont work and score their stanchions, these bad boys will outlive me!

Back