Giant MCM Team

Small world

The paint was removed very slowly with various grades of wet and dry. 400 or so until i could see the primer coat, then down to 800 to remove the primer. Once the carbon was showing through the primer i went down another grade, but i dont recall what i had around. I must have removed a very small amount of the resin in places. But i never got down to the weave. Luckily they seem to have used quite a lot of resin, the weave is well hidden from the industrious sander.
That took a fair amount of time, then i went and rushed the spray job. Luckily the runs are not at all obvious to anyone but me.

got one of these

just bought one of these in the yellow colours, with the disc brake boss as well as cantis. a bit chipped but have repainted after carefully masking the stickers. could not get them anywhere.
what are the two bolts on the underside of the bottom bracket for.

any idea what year it is i believe about 1997. as you said info is as rare as hens teeth

other bike a cannondale killer v 900. still going strong.

This is definitely a 1997 frame. I have an unused as new one sat in my garage. it has only ever had forks rested in it and a wheel lightly fitted for show. Anyone interested?

re:

I must say I really like the frame as it was. But great work making it stealth!

I for one, had the cfm besides the weird cx geometry it was really good, then I had a 2006 XTC which was just stiff and not very fun at all, and not that much lighter then the MCM u have.

I would say this is a very good frame, it's basically the same as the gary fisher and the trek one. rides very well and are light as F.

Like the fork you paired it with, just to bad it wasn't built up with a full xtr952:)

I would say 97 to.

Back