letmetalktomark":3t66r80d said:
Harryburgundy":3t66r80d said:
Paul Components Chain Keeper

Ebaystuff1471.jpg

Oh now this is nice.

If you dont mind me asking.....how much was it? PM me if necessary :LOL:

It is rather nice isn't it. :cool:

perry":17dlkdd2 said:
all i can remember of them was someone had a red one and someone else possibly a blue one . everyone had the xtr rear mech back then ( except me , i was still using an alivio , i rarely shifted anyway ) you have to admit it would look better :p

Defo agree it would look better, might add it to my wanted list ;)
I got the XT stuff very cheap at the time so I didnt consider XTR.

racedoctor":vp8b7myb said:
Red pig?! There are quite a few bikes on this forum that are not to my taste but I would not go round disrespecting somebody elses ride :roll:

All in good fun, man. No disrespect intended.
:cool:

letmetalktomark":1cxfista said:
Would one of these work agarinst a middle ring do we thing? :?

chng-jumpstop.jpg

Those N-Gear Chain Watchers work very well and they are quite affordable. I have 4 and they've never let me down. :cool:

Traani":1i15hepi said:
dmr%20chain%20cage%2004.jpg

i have one like this somewhere,it works fine after you get it tuned so it wont scrape against chain nor the sprocket.

Pauls chainguude very nice but a tad expensive

I'd be popping down to your local engineering shop to buy some stainless plate or alloy to make something up...pretty easy to make that box shape and stick on the end of the DMR bracket

The DMR chain cage above is quite heavy/clunky, brought one but never fitted it but used one of the clamps to make my own guide (will get some pics up).

from what i remember the clamps on the dmr chain cage wernt great . not very deep thread for the bolts

interested to see yours neil . did you put anything on to stop the chain coming off the inside ?

perry":26bkjuai said:
from what i remember the clamps on the dmr chain cage wernt great . not very deep thread for the bolts

interested to see yours neil . did you put anything on to stop the chain coming off the inside ?

i agree,the threads are Not the best out there,ive repaired em too.

perry":22vsm2ac said:

That is what stops the chain coming off teh inside

Picture one of the DMR clamps with a headset top cap on the end and positioned with the cap right next to the chain. Proper bodge but finding solutions to stuff like this without spending lots of ££££s makes me happy :D

Back