1 x 9 Setup - Show us yours :-)

utahdog2003":1v3lxch5 said:
Traani":1v3lxch5 said:
SSA50070.jpg

works like a clock.

Sorry man, and I don't mean to sound like a dick... but that thing is as ugly as dirt. Back wheel looks like a catcher's mitt.

Did that thing and the red pig two posts later actually get posted in Retro chat? ;) :LOL:

Red pig?! There are quite a few bikes on this forum that are not to my taste but I would not go round disrespecting somebody elses ride :roll:

And..

'1 x 9 Setup - Show us yours :)'.

I thought Shimano only starting doing 9spd for mtb's in 1999? I may be wrong, but thats how I remember it. As mine is 98/99/00 spec I think it fits in with exactly what the person who started the thread was asking.

I donno actual year of my ride,but the guy who sold it to me,said its somewhere from 98-99,who knows,i dont,i just ride it hear about driving old farts bike :LOL: . its been modified a bit,the frame,as the v-brake stuff is cut away and so are all the cable routings too,as it used to be single speeder at one point.

i dont get offended by some tighter comments,i got curious though :)

WOW WOW WOW FOLKS!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Not what I had intended this thread to turn into.

Personal views aside I was just after some pictures and hints for achieving a 1 x 9 set up that works off road.

TBH I wanted to see some pictures of people rides regardless of age.

Perhaps this should be moved to General Chat......

.......but only after more pictures. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Would one of these work agarinst a middle ring do we thing? :?

chng-jumpstop.jpg

here the jackflash is retro amongst dirt riders.

+1

the red one ( which im sure is a muddy fox ) is also period correct to the late 90s ( except the mech which should be xtr )

that guide there looks like a seat clamp with a bit of rear mech cage to me :p

dmr%20chain%20cage%2004.jpg

i have one like this somewhere,it works fine after you get it tuned so it wont scrape against chain nor the sprocket.

perry":2n6zty6l said:
here the jackflash is retro amongst dirt riders.

+1

the red one ( which im sure is a muddy fox ) is also period correct to the late 90s ( except the mech which should be xtr )

that guide there looks like a seat clamp with a bit of rear mech cage to me :p

I had a Jack Flash before I got the Muddy Fox. I got offered it for more or less free and had a buyer for the Jack flash frame so just transfered across most of the kit.

Are you sure they came with XTR though? I seem to recall it being built with LX as a full bike, may have been a couple of models using the same frame though. Mine is all built from scratch which was originally a Saracen Forcetrax :LOL:
[url=http://www.retrobike.co.uk/fo...w.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=70815[/url]

I had the DMR guide, a bit like the one posted above but with the bottom roller as well. However neither the top or bottom sections are compatible with my 48T ring.

This looks like it could work though.. what is it?

all i can remember of them was someone had a red one and someone else possibly a blue one . everyone had the xtr rear mech back then ( except me , i was still using an alivio , i rarely shifted anyway ) you have to admit it would look better :p

Back