Glentrool Big Country ride, Thrusday 3rd Sept.

Skillin', chillin' and gigglin' - that's what it's all about!

Reminded me a bit of the family I saw at the tail end of Glentress blue on Sunday - they had a wee tot with them who's bike had handle-bar streamers. Obviously I just to stop to discuss the relative aerodynamic and load bearing merits of the My Little Pony versus the Barbie baskets.

Won't know until tnrw afternoon if I can make it- awkward bastard customer. Will get kit and bike ready anyway and give you a shout.

Si

Dr S":ajb1jiu3 said:
Won't know until tnrw afternoon if I can make it- awkward bastard customer. Will get kit and bike ready anyway and give you a shout.

Si

:(

I promise not to hug you if you come.

Okay everyone happy with 10:30ish?

Also is anyone a good map reader/navigator?

Gazz, I'll need to meet you there, I forgot the road doesn't go near yours and I need to drop the sprog off at the childminder, so time is tight.

I'm no bad wi a map, dinnae hae wan tho.

Zigzag, you still up for car/cost share bud? If so where and when can I get you in the morning?
I was kinda forgetting that I'll have to make my way to yours first :oops:

Dave.

PM'd you Dave.

Question for the west coast massive - What route is quicker?

Go via Girvan and A714 turning left at Bargrennan, or taking the B7043 at Maybole and doing 20 miles of B-road?

The Girvan route is the suggested one on the 7Stanes site, but the B7043 route is the one google suggests - its a bit shorter and 10 minutes quicker.

kaiser":2qg3iy9q said:
Gazz, I'll need to meet you there, I forgot the road doesn't go near yours and I need to drop the sprog off at the childminder, so time is tight.

no worries mate, might mean I cannot make it, as the car will be needed for the school run. However there is a train option I need to look into or might be able to blag a car, will let you know.

not sure which road zigzag, I would guess the maybole road but dont really know the area.

ZZ I'll be going through Girvan anyroads. Would you be best going M77/A77 to Girvan.

Gazz we can surely work summat out, let me check in with the Master and find out the morning time sched.

Back