Show us your Specialized

Reminds me, this Rockhopper lives in my dad's shed. That's an original (red label) Flite that I keep forgetting to switch and bring back to Paris with me.

Attachments

• Dscn1798a.jpg
    Dscn1798a.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 7,400
breezerboy":3sftt1dg said:
bayofe013.jpg
bayofe015.jpg

Can we please have some more info and pics of this bad boy; get it in Reader Bikes!

Specialized

Thought I might post a couple of mine.
Favourite is split between the oldest 88 and the newest 06.
They all ride fantastic even as singlespeed.
These are the keepers, there are others that have come and gone and a few frames about.........but these are the ones ;)
I'm happy with my lot.

88 all original Stumpjumper, well used but everything just keeps on working. This is the baby that never lets me down. Slack angles, big smiles :cool:
IMG_1454.jpg

94 singlespeed as setup at SSUK09.
jamiestumpie.jpg

98 (the last of the steel)
again original, supposed to be for the wife but luckily we take the same frame size ;)
IMG_1451.jpg

2006 Stumpjumper
Original and just like the oldest, it just keeps ticking along. Has a lot of miles and seen a fair bit. Mr reliable.
IMG_1405.jpg

My other keeper
96 M2 S Works Team
DSC_0001-1.jpg

Got this Specialized rockhopper karma frame the other day for my brother (big thanks to vdubber67), can anyone tell me what year it is? Sorry, only have one photo at the moment. I think it may be a 1996 model just from reading bikepedia but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rockhopper.jpg
[/img]

Rockhopper

Hi Coomber
I would say at a quick glance its a 97 or 98 model. The specialized logo on the downtube makes it post 96 as before then it was on the top tube and in 99 the Rockhopper logo was updated and had a long background 'flash' behind it.
I'm judging by the size of the tubes its steel?
Will see what I can find in the books once I get home.
Its a nice frame, I have a Stumpjumper in the same blue with silver decals, though not in as good a condition as yours, its a 95 and that follows the Specialized pattern of using the same scheme on a Rockhopper but a year or two later.

Jamie

Re: Rockhopper

Jamiedyer":uumocvgn said:
Hi Coomber
I would say at a quick glance its a 97 or 98 model. The specialized logo on the downtube makes it post 96 as before then it was on the top tube and in 99 the Rockhopper logo was updated and had a long background 'flash' behind it.
Its a nice frame, I have a Stumpjumper in the same blue with silver decals, though not in as good a condition as yours, its a 95 and that follows the Specialized pattern of using the same scheme on a Rockhopper but a year or two later.

Jamie

Thanks for the quick reply, yes it is a steel frame. Photo makes it look in better nick then it is really, has quite a bit of paint flaking, quite bad in places. To do it any sort of justice it's getting a sandblast and powdercoat, local company will do it for around £50 which I think is pretty good (including a pair of forks if I can get some).

Thanks for your help. Looking forward to getting it built up.

Re: Rockhopper

coomber":2rw6cyfd said:
Jamiedyer":2rw6cyfd said:
Hi Coomber

Jamie

Thanks for the quick reply, yes it is a steel frame. Photo makes it look in better nick then it is really, has quite a bit of paint flaking, quite bad in places. To do it any sort of justice it's getting a sandblast and powdercoat, local company will do it for around £50 which I think is pretty good (including a pair of forks if I can get some).

Thanks for your help. Looking forward to getting it built up.

I'm never one to knock a free frame buddy but if I were you I would shop around a bit for powdercoating, £50 is quite a lot more than some folk on here have paid for some very nice work.

:oops:

Ok will see what else I can find in terms of powdercoaters, I am taking in another frame as well so I was hoping to haggle with someone if I got two to get multiple discount!

Back