Saddle: Charge Spoon
Seatpost: Strong
Seatpost Binder: Tranz-X Secure Lock

Weight: 12kg

marin1.jpg

marin4.jpg
marin2.jpg

marin3.jpg

a bit of background: I bought this bike from the original owner. When he graduated in 1990 he wanted to buy a MTB and was actually out for a Merida. As his friend bought a Merida, he wanted something else. His lbs had this Marin imported for the owner, as Marin was not available here yet. He convinced the owner to sell it to him.
After a few years, in 1995, the splatter paint was peeling off, and he had the bike resprayed by the same lbs, that by now was an official Marin dealer. This are the 1995 Eldrige Grade colours and so Marin didn't want to send a new decal set, but did supply the headbatch!
Although it has seen enough action and has some paint chips, it still is in an amazing condition. All the Deore LX parts are original!

Lovely bike - agree about the colour :cool: :cool:

It seems that Marins are not all that common on this site - which seems strange as I remember them to have been quite desirable BITD.

Must look into getting one now :LOL:

Thanks guys! I fully agree on the clean lines of the frame. By making this machine to a singlespeed I wanted to emphesize that feature.
The tech colour just screamed to me to use the IBC brakes that I still had lying around. I know they might not be the best brakes for MTB, but as the bike is now setup for around town cruising, I don't think that that is a real issue.

Nice clean build and I really like the brakes :cool:

I didn't think there were many marins on here but they seem to be coming out of the woodwork now :cool:

WD :)

Back