EDDY MERCKX MXL

An old guy in my street was selling his old Mercx, with a Campag Nuovo Record groupset. It was in mint condition: he'd only ridden it twice, then stored it in his attic.

It was old and dusty, so I wasn't really interested. Anyway, he spent the day cleaning and polishing it, and fitting new tubs and bartape. I had another look but it was still kind of heavy and didn't have STI levers or any carbon.

Thing is, the old guy was really persistent, so in the end we came to an agreement, and he gave me £50 to take it away

lol

16simon":xat0er2z said:
An old guy in my street was selling his old Mercx, with a Campag Nuovo Record groupset. It was in mint condition: he'd only ridden it twice, then stored it in his attic.

It was old and dusty, so I wasn't really interested. Anyway, he spent the day cleaning and polishing it, and fitting new tubs and bartape. I had another look but it was still kind of heavy and didn't have STI levers or any carbon.

Thing is, the old guy was really persistent, so in the end we came to an agreement, and he gave me £50 to take it away

lol

your point being?

your point being?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo ?

My Merckx is inlaid with gold leaf hand-rolled on the thighs of Belgian virgins.

And I wouldn't have it unless Eddy himself agreed to come and cut the lawn every Saturday for three years and pay me for the privilege.

(He was quick, but to be honest he used to leave the edges a little ragged. I used to have to get that Gimondi lad round after to tidy up.)

And you tell that to the kids these days, they won't believe you.

:shock:

legrandefromage":355rr099 said:
16simon":355rr099 said:

lol

your point being?

Some poor old boy won't be able to run his heating this winter thanks to 16simon. Let's hope it's a mild one 'eh.

Back