Denton info required

Dr S

Old School Grand Master
Hi road lovers,
I have been fancying an old road bike for some time and have unearthed this little number.
I have done a quick google to find out a little background but so far found nothing. Could anyone give me a rough idea on age?
Denton is a local bike shop down in Newcastle (well, it was, they went bust last month) and the frame is beautifully built with Reynolds tubing and very neat lugs.
It looks to be very original and has its original drops, shifters and levers to go back on. The guy selling it has owned it 23 years and he was the third owner. it has not turned a wheel in 21 years and should scrub up nicely. I have to make the guy an offer for it, but is it worth anything?
cheers
Si

3842595874_ce26f9815a_b.jpg

3842595876_5c35884808_b.jpg

3842595878_98fdbc38e6_b.jpg

I used to have a Denton and all I could find out was that some of their frames were made by Mercian and some came from Italy.

So, the owner had mudguards and aero bars on it? Eh?

I can't see the rear mech. definitely, but the owner must have thought he had something. I like the hub up front.

Sure looks okay to me...do we know the rear mech.?

I thought it looked like a Record, and you can almost make out the Campy logo, but I've never seen a Campag chainring quite like that. -Seems to complement the cranks nicely. :)

ferrus":39obo8sd said:
I thought it looked like a Record, and you can almost make out the Campy logo
or the Galli logo, or the Ofmega logo, or the Tevano logo...

Okay, not Tevano.

I was just thinking it would make a nice fixie...

Thanks for the replies guys. still waiting to here back from the seller- he's on holiday. Cranks are Campag, cannot remember what the rings are and rear mech is a Shimano Crane and front is a suntour IIRC??.

Anyone know anything about those hubs?

Any idea on a date?

Cheers
Si

Dr S":27eoa9nx said:
Anyone know anything about those hubs?
I don't recognize them, but they've got a BMXy look. SR? Sansin? Suzue?

edit: Sacre bleu! They're Pelissier!

http://www.velobase.com/ViewSingleCompo ... &AbsPos=29

Any idea on a date?
The profile of the seatstays looks later rather than earlier, but the flat, ornate fork crown is pretty traditional. I'm going to say late 1970s, but that's just a guess. Braze-ons for the rear brake were more popular before and after.

Looks nicely made, judging by the few details visible.

Back