Kamo Klunker, update 31/10/09.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
couldnae tell ye, wee bit of google imaging might be your answer, or there is a number of rb'ers seem to know there way round a bike. The idea came from the original klunkers who I'm sure used motorbike levers.

kaiser":qcipdhwm said:
couldnae tell ye, wee bit of google imaging might be your answer, or there is a number of rb'ers seem to know there way round a bike. The idea came from the original klunkers who I'm sure used motorbike levers.

They sure did and I've never heard any mention of adaptation/bodging being neccessary, -I wouldn't imagine it'd need much fettling...?
-More leverage too.

I'm glad you've bought one of these, I've been toying with getting one for a week or so, but the seller never answered my questions as to what the rear spacing was - so now I know! 115 is bizarre, I wanted to run normal gears, so that's that sorted out. Saved me £40, phew.

XCDave":2tx3s0c2 said:
I'm glad you've bought one of these, I've been toying with getting one for a week or so, but the seller never answered my questions as to what the rear spacing was - so now I know! 115 is bizarre, I wanted to run normal gears, so that's that sorted out. Saved me £40, phew.

Well just do what the founding fathers did and bend those stays out 10mm each side to fit your wheel in.
If your going to Klunk you got to get creative!

Nice work Jimi, looking forward to Klunkin around Innerleithen??

Si

XCDave":aszcdkmb said:

Na Dave, you've picked me up wrong, spacing on the frame is standard 135mm so will take normal gears etc, the hub i wanted to use is 115mm but managed to space out the axle to fit the frame using washers ;)

Everything on the frame is common size, 27.2 seatpin, 31.8 seatcollar and front mech, 1.1/8 headtube, 68mm BB shell, i used a BB with a 110mm axle but maybe a 113mm would be better with gears.

Dr S":1t7x38km said:
Well just do what the founding fathers did and bend those stays out 10mm each side to fit your wheel in.
If your going to Klunk you got to get creative!

All my bikes go 'klunk'. And me bending out some alloy stays 10mm on each side would go 'klunk, CRACK, scream, can you call for an ambulance Mrs XCD I've got tubing stuck in my arm.'

I quite fancied building it modern too, shhhhh.[/quote]

Back