1998 GT STS-DH Lobo Full Build

:shock: Gah, you're building the exact same bike as me, just mine's an LTS-DH not a Lobo! There are a frightening number of same components on either on there already or planned. Looks like it's going to be a real beauty.

Im building an LTS DH too.

It looks nothing like this, this is gorgeous!

(My LTS DH is gonna be a dog for hacking on...)

Xizang Errrr.......Nope ;)

Got this for it, sourced from Holland went for the 42T 5 bolt 110 BCD

Holeshot.jpg

In a bit of a 'can't decide' frame of mind when it comes to the chain guide. Don't really want to spend that much. Looking at around the £50 mark at a push. So looking at getting used rather than new.

It also seems a shame to cover up that chainring with a full MRP job.

But I'm now thinking of along the lines of just top and bottom rollers leaving the chain ring on view.

Any ideas?

Well for my LTS DH i have sourced a lovely syncros 42t ring, so
Top guide im thinking a little DMR or roox one,
bottom, I shall rely on my trusty DCD...

Where are you finding all these nice bits?!

I was looking at the DMR Speed Guide Elite as being a nice (red) low-profile guide, but I just can't get over the silly colour roller and the fact that the chain cage is silver while the rest is red. Maybe I'm too vain. The Truvativ Box Guide isn't too overstated and seems pretty reasonably priced.

That looks sweet, and stance's just nice! I'd like to get a Lobo when I finish the LTS and STS... and that will take some time!

A Roox Chain Animal. I had one but got rid of it as it didn't fit my frame at the time :evil: Wish I'd kept it as it had really good reviews and it'd fit the frame I now have. Typical :roll:

Back