My Alpinestars Al-mega DX

Hottunauk

Retro Newbie
Hi all, just to say what a wonderful website and community you have here, I have wasted nigh on 3 hrs looking at blasts from the past and enjoyed every minute nearly brings me to tears the memories some of the bikes shown on here.

So I thought I might show my pride and joy, i bought this i think a year after they came out, because the one I had before was stolen and it took me ages to find another of the same, I think I paid £350 for it in a sale from a bike shop out of a bike mag at the time so I think its the 1991 version? Have not changed much on it apart from applying the Mint Sauce stickers, just new pedals and some purple anodized quick releases and bolts. I did not ride it for about 7 yrs but always looked after my bikes.

P1010247.jpg

P1010245.jpg

P1010246.jpg

P1010244.jpg

P1010243.jpg

P1010242.jpg

Nice blast from the past :cool:

I remember those stickers, covered my school books in them and put the Mountain Biking UK ones on my lid :LOL:

I dont know for certain off the top of my head mate but i'm sure it was a 17.5 it was deffo a half inch size.

I know these had a funny size head tube size (1 1/4 inch) Does any one know what suspension forks would fit this? I can vaguely remember that there were some PACE ones that did and some Manitou ones.

Back