SHOGUN team issue 1988 rebuild number 4

OK so ,frame is back and I have been starting to get my baby back together.
Built a wheel last night for the first time ever! Mavic 217 on a Chris King hub with double butted spokes and alloy nips. Good fun!
skewer1.jpg

Shimano xt crank that is original has been polished and fitted with a new ring.
grank1.jpg

Control tech cantilevers fitted and a couple of "Robinson Racing" decals fitted.(my last name is Robinson :roll: )
fork1.jpg

Pauls thumb thingy fitted with a Shimano bar end shifter running on the friction setting will move the Campy Rally rear mech through jagwire silver braided cables.
shifter.jpg

One more wheel to build tonight.
tires1.jpg

Nearly finished

Waiting on Suntour grease guard peddles and a honey b17 special saddle.Also still need a stem with brake noodle.
125659.jpg

125660.jpg

125661.jpg

Bike is back on the road after a few small problems.. Xt crank was bent and so was dropping the chain. Now have and old Sugino crank. Control tech cantilevers were changed for XT V brakes because of a lack of cable hangers on the frame. Stem is a Rocky Mountain , de anodized and polished. Paul thumbie is now silver. Oh and rear mech is now a short cage XT.. Weight is 24 pound for what is a huge frame. Very nice as my city bike. Turns heads and great to ride which is why I have kept this frame and put the work into it. Shoguns are not regarded highly but if you can get one of the early hand made Tange frames like this then its a mighty fine frame.

shogun-1.jpg

shame about the canti's going - I liked that build.

I have a couple of rear cable guides that attach to the seatpost bolt/ Q/R for frames without canti stops.

I also have a spare set of MT-60 cranks that could have been polished up for this...

Hey-ho.

still, BotM material though!

legrandefromage":2px5z68d said:
shame about the canti's going - I liked that build.

I have a couple of rear cable guides that attach to the seatpost bolt/ Q/R for frames without canti stops.

I also have a spare set of MT-60 cranks that could have been polished up for this...

Hey-ho.

still, BotM material though!

I agree about the cantilvers. The front would not be too much of a problem but you dont see too many Syncros or Atac stems in 1 inch , silver , with the cable guide. The rear was the problem. The seat bolt is too high because of the lower seat stays to run a surly hanger or the like. I made a clamp to go on the tube bellow that but it just looked too messy.
I'm loving these tires.......marathon supreme. Great stuff but a bit spendy! :roll:

Back