South Downs Loop - Sat 28th April

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Ok,

here's (the rough) plan then...

Saturday 28th April.

Meet approx 10am In Arundel, West Sussex. For a 10.45am ish departure.

I'll work out a good route that can grow/ shrink depending on how many and how tired etc.

There are pubs and (probably a better idea) cafe stops on route and we could get food at lunch at them or stop for sangers instead - up to you.

Depending on the group I'd say it'll be about 15-20 miles. Could do more if people want. No hammering, just smooth and fun. I'll work in a bit of everything with a singletrack through the woods bias :).

I'd say Gravity Karma and I will co-ordinate with walkie Talkies so as not to lose any one and then we can ride sections faster/ more smoothly if people want and re-hook up shortly afterwards without disappearing. We know this area like the back of our hands.

It won't feel as epic as the North Downs and the sections are shorter around my way as the areas are smaller, but it's still good stuff and we can double back and re-ride anything we want and cut across to do trails in a different orientation etc.

Arundel is on the A27 for those driving from East/ West and on the A29/ A24 for those driving from the North.

It's also an hour and a quarter on the train from London Victoria. And the station is mins from the town.

Parking's a bit tight in the town so maybe the best place to meet is the station car park and just swallow the £3 or so to park. Or I can point you in the direction of free roads, but it may well break the group up and take a while etc.

I suppose all this depends on people declaring an interest, so post below if you are definately up for it and we'll take it from there.

Could make it the Sunday (29th) if it was way more popular to do so, just thought sat might make the trains easier if there are londoners coming.

Let me know what you think and If people are up for it I'll get maps etc organised.

Wu.

oohh.. just checked to see exactly where Arundel is... 150 miles each way... :( a little far for me... sorry...

Tintin - great. Let's see how many we get then.

Matt - yeah it's about as far south as it gets, so maybe if we don't get a good crowd for this we could do one in the north downs again (40 mins north of here)

Just checked it out on the route planner, over 200 miles and 4 hours travel. :(

Doubtful for me, much as I'd love to go it seems it's just too darn far....

Sorry Gus/guys.

Have a good one fellas.
Steve

I'm in, obviously :)

Should be a good one - some smoother and less tech trails than the north downs. It'll be about the same distance but easier on the legs/arms/arse
There're a few bits of singletrack that are every-bit as sweet as the trail into peaslake - I might even show you all my "secret singletrack" run if it's not too overgrown.

Sunday would be better but I can probably skive another Saturday off work. If parking proves to be an issue, my workshop is only 2 miles from Arundul station and has plenty parking space.

Change of plan!!! I can make a saturday ride! :D

just been playing with my social calender and saturday can be done, then off to bournemouth for a sunday ride with some of my old friends from that way! lol!!

its a 3.5 hour drive do that end of the world so is there any chance of a local putting me up for the friday night?

Back