Hairy Coo Mountain Bike Challenge 2009 - the coo is back...

cocodemer

Retro Guru
and this time....its easier!

Hairy Coo Mountain Bike Race at Comrie Croft, Perthshire, Scotland on October 17th 2009.

The Hairy Coo Mountain Bike Race is set in the amazing countryside of Perthshire Scotland at Comrie Croft. Now in its third year, the event will be divided into three races: the Wee Race (one hour of fun); followed by the Bairns Race; and finally the Big Race. The Hairy Coo is part of the Crieff & Strathearn Drovers' Tryst - an 8 day walking & outdoors festival. To find out more go to:
http://www.droverstryst.co.uk/hairycoo.htm

Its a great family day out with lots of entertainment, food and refreshments.

The Hairy Coo Bairns Race:
The Bairns Race is for children aged 12 and under, with the course tailored to suit the participants.

The Hairy Coo Wee Race:
The Wee Race is a fun event, open to everyone over 12 years, with an easier course tailored to suit the participants.

The Hairy Coo Big Race:
The course for the Big Race requires stamina and bike handling skills. It is a good idea to pre-ride the course before the race. The projected race winning time for the men's race is around two hours, for the women's race, one and a half. The number of laps per race will take into account the ground conditions on the day. Grippy tyres are always a wise choice at Comrie Croft Trails. Once a race in a particular category has been won, each competitor in that category finishes the race the next time they pass the finishing line, regardless of which lap they are on, and is then placed in relation to the winner. However, fast Junior Vets etc are free to keep racing in order to go for the big prize.

So come on down on the day or book a place on any of these three races by going to: http://www.droverstryst.co.uk/hairycoo.htm

That does sound fun Mr Panda and based on Arran, if you can do it so can I.

Most amused by the bit that asks 'zig-zag please be carefull', how did they know our zigzag is the champion crasher of our group :LOL:

That has potential !

Well if thats how your going to be I'll no bother.........sheeesh :roll:

Sorry Mr Panda, I'm only kidding ;)

Velo

just to be pedantic about things, the course description that warns of zig-zags is for the Hairy Coos' sister race, the St Fillans mountain bike challenge.
the hairy coos zigzags are steeper and more technical :)
the races are a week apart, so its possible to do both if bike and legs can handle it

velomaniac":1c1vz8ei said:
Most amused by the bit that asks 'zig-zag please be carefull', how did they know our zigzag is the champion crasher of our group :LOL:
Course notes tailored to my riding ineptitude! My kind of race :LOL:

Pity this is the weekend after Kielder - my daughter would confiscate my world's best dad mug if I disappeared for two weekends in a row. Shame, it would have been a fitting outing for the Rockhopper too.

Back