• Garage Queens - my rides are just for looking at

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • a Mixture - some I ride, some I don't

• Riders - I can't take them with me !

• Total voters
JS1500":13uze0qt said:
The 'brushed' finish that Scotchbrite leaves seems to show up fingerprints and oily marks really easily though.

Give it a polish up after, hey presto! No fingerprints! Well, not as bad anyway.

gump":2bx7ehut said:
JS, glad it worked ok for you, does help if you polish or GT85 it straight after though.

Wu, heres one I made earlier..

http://inbredtripping.fotopic.net/c1029276.html

This frame was painted. Finish was not good underneath either. Say no more.

Thanks again for the tip!
I'm going to give it one more going over then i'll GT85 it. :cool:

I'm really looking forward to having it all built up!

I like to ride the Fat :) a group of dedicated men chose the tubes and built one of the finest singletrack eating machines on the planet! it seems a dis-service to thier hard work to not use it as intended!

and well... nothing new feels quite as right! :D

ride it all weathers and crash it when i need to :D

Gump - nice.

makes me want to rub mine (ooh err).

Might make the effort this weekend if i'm not on dekerf building duties. :roll:

Ride em of course, and not in a prissy I've got to be careful kind of way give e a good hammering over some rough stuff its what they were made for lol

ape":3798f0us said:
Ride em of course, and not in a prissy I've got to be careful kind of way give e a good hammering over some rough stuff its what they were made for lol

Sherwood Pines... no problem. Peak District... forget it! I might scratch her delicate body. ;)

Until I discovered Retrobike I didn't even realise garage queens existed.

I ride my old bikes because I have them.

Until last week my Cannondale was my single speed hack bike, used for commuting in my last job (12 miles each way with a few bridleways and Byways thrown in) and trips to the shop etc. it had a mix of components, mainly hand me downs from the newer bikes.

Having had the infamous DuPont Imron paint that just didn't stick to aluminium, I stripped it down and polished it a few years ago but haven't bothered for some time, so it looks a mess.

Since arriving here, I'm building it up in retro kit and next step is to polish it up properly and get some new stickers. Or I could get it painted again, it did look great in its old blue/black fade.

Arghhh! OCD is taking over!

Anyone one know a source of early '90s Cannondale stickers, all the ones on fleabay are the newer style? (see what I mean).

Back