• Garage Queens - my rides are just for looking at

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • a Mixture - some I ride, some I don't

• Riders - I can't take them with me !

• Total voters
gump":2q5c600t said:
Gotta say though that my everyday bikes of choice are all new school.
Problem being if I ride a bike theres no holding back or going easy, older bikes just aren't as robust or easy to replace parts. Pauls mechs and the such are not up to continuous hard riding.

And new bikes work better too... ;)

I gotta stop making a habit of agreeing with gump :LOL:
my local trails just arent pleasant to ride fully rigid, canti brakes in a classic retro set up stylee.

fairly easy divide for me, gorgeous retro garage queens, properly rideable modern bikes.

Gravity Karma":3bw5ckl3 said:
stevek":3bw5ckl3 said:
I would never put the Yo or the Wicked through the same punishment as the regular bike.

I think that's a shame in a way - the bike was built to be ridden, and especially in the case of team bikes, ridden hard.

*Sigh* I know, and you're right. But it's in such lovely condition that I just can't bring myself to dish out the beatings to it.

When I bought it I had every intention of riding it XC and it does get ridden, but (I'm almost ashamed to say) the rides are family affairs on pleasant bridleways and minor roads at a leisurely pace.

Now the Merlin and the KK have no mercy shown them! But like I said earlier (somewhere or other) titanium scrubs up new again so I don't have to worry about any paintwork. :D

Steve - what exactly do you do to the ti to 'refresh' it's looks?

There's always been speak of 'just rub it wit a brillo pad' but i have just left mine and i have to say looks fine, but up close it could do with some tlc as there are a few rubs etc.

Gus

Wu-Tangled":2mtqejr3 said:
Steve - what exactly do you do to the ti to 'refresh' it's looks?

There's always been speak of 'just rub it wit a brillo pad' but i have just left mine and i have to say looks fine, but up close it could do with some tlc as there are a few rubs etc.

Gus

3M scotchbrite.

Scant, isn't that that horrible pink soapy green brillo pad thing?

Or is it just a chemical you wax on wax off etc.?

Wu-Tangled":i45z47pi said:
Scant, isn't that that horrible pink soapy green brillo pad thing?

Or is it just a chemical you wax on wax off etc.?

nar, its like a real rough cloth. B&Q used to sell it (dunno if still do) tho stupid priccy for what it is. better for brushed ti frame finish. tends to polish beadblasted & dull polished ti.

Don't need to use a brillo pad Gus, use (as scant says) some scotchbrite to get the scratches out. To return the shine to the frame (if it's a shiny frame of course) a little T-cut or some Peek metal polish, I guess Autosol would be OK too.

3M Scotchbrite is only mildly abrasive, you'd have to scrub for a million years to wear a hole in your frame. ;)

er... I may have already...

only joking, thanks. One day I'll get round to that. Probably the same day I get round to re-decaling it!

RIMG0011.jpg

Asda, Sainsbury's etc have 'em.
The Vit T2 got a good scrubbing shortly after this pic was taken :cool:

The 'brushed' finish that Scotchbrite leaves seems to show up fingerprints and oily marks really easily though.

Latest posts

Back